Wing mirrors

Started by swampy_donkey, September 14, 2013, 21:02

swampy_donkey

Bit of a weird question, but do the wing mirrors fold in? I've tried pushing them but they seem fixed and I don't want to force the issue.

Thanks for any help.
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

Wabbitkilla

They do, but obviously if they've not been moved in a long time can be pretty stiff.
Probably best to spray the joint with something like wd40 to lubricate before trying it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

swampy_donkey

Ahh super! Thanks very much
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

shep1975

Yeah they go really really flat. Which if you live in the Welsh valleys is a boon  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

minimike

I had this last week with my passenger side mirror being stiff  s:( :( s:(  

When I washed it I got into the gap with my pressure washer and then used a bit of brute force. It freed it off but it is still quite stiff. I would imagine it might break rather than fold in if I were to clip something. I was hoping to get some lubrication into the swivel mechanism but i think you might have to remove the mirror to do this effectively?
2006 red, 2006 silver TF212, 2003 black, 2001 black

swampy_donkey

Mine worked fine after a bit of force, however I am going to lubricate them. Prob ptfe or simething similar.

redarrow

What do both fold in?

I fort only passenger side ever folded in...

Regards john
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

swampy_donkey

No mate, definitely both!

Tags: