long life exhaust

Started by yokel, September 18, 2013, 22:01

yokel

just had a dual exit system with sports cat fitted, even got them to fit my after market manifold as well! looks and sounds great, and i'm sure it's pulling abit better also...well happy with it...
I have cursed bled and sworn, jumped bail and landed up in jail. life has often tried to stretch me but the rope always went slack...

Anonymous

Long life are very suitable exhausts. And welcome to the club.

Pavett1990

Welcome  s:D :D s:D  I also have a Longlife.. I wouldn't go anywhere else lol
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Sonner34

My long life is being fitted today!!!!  Wooooooo
2004 Silver MR2, For Sale, low mileage and pretty standard

Mikeymead

Hi, if you don't mind me asking what sort of cost are these, There is a Long life centre in my town. I tried twice to get a quote from them through their website but never got a reply.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Sonner34

I paid £399 for a decat system from manifold back, single tip exit. It relocated the exhaust to the right hand side by having a straight through muffler rather than one with a curve inside. There are photos and description on my build thread

l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46097 l

Also see my post from another thread plus then the link to the thread  l posting.php?mode=edit&f=7&p=536493 l
"Interesting all the different pricing from Longlife dealers.

I'm getting a longlife exhaust, mine is quite bespoke as going for a single exhaust but the exhaust tip will be on the right hand side if looking at the back of the car, not the standard left hand side, it's going to be a manifold back decat exhaust. all in at £399.

I was told quietly by someone who won't be named that basically if they provide you with a 'Longlife' franchise exhaust they pay a fee to Longlife, between £75-150 per exhaust, this means should you have any problems you get the Longlife guarantee and there aftersales service, however it appears alot of franchisee's are making the exhausts 'off the books' perhaps still providing you with some form of offical receipt possibly but ultimately they are not paying Longlife. if you know the garage and trust that if you have problems they will act honourably then i would be happy to have one off the books, however you are taking a risk.

fyi, from the pricing I assume mine will be 'off the books' but it doesn't concern me too much"

yokel

mine was £650 for dual exit with sports cat and the fitting of new manifold. I'm more than happy with it... s;) ;) s;)
I have cursed bled and sworn, jumped bail and landed up in jail. life has often tried to stretch me but the rope always went slack...

Mikeymead

Funnily enough got a call from them today, quoted me £570 for single outlet system.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Sonner34

Sorry I should add, mine included fitting my Che manifold also and I have the entire old system for refitting when selling the car so I can sell the aftermarket system separately. Sounds like a lot of you are paying a lot for long life systems.

Tags: