Cheapest place for a cat?

Started by Zonda_, September 21, 2013, 19:54

Zonda_

Is eBay the cheapest for these at £170?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Andys-N20

Most likely ebay is the cheapest. I would not pay more than £45.00 cash on collection if I was looking on ebay.
If you get one it would be a good opportunity to do some anti-rattle measures as it is easier off the car
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

Zonda_

£45? I'm assuming that's a used one.  I can't take the risk of used, the car is still smoking badly so I need to rule out the parts that have been contaminated by oil. I already have a new exhaust in the garage so just need a new cat.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Markb

Onlineautomotive sell them @ £155......the last system i bought of them was for my other car,it was made buy Euroflo and was very good quality ( i would say equal to Bosal).....its been on at least 5 years and still seems ok.

frogger

Quote from: "Zonda_"£45? I'm assuming that's a used one.  I can't take the risk of used, the car is still smoking badly so I need to rule out the parts that have been contaminated by oil. I already have a new exhaust in the garage so just need a new cat.

If this is the only reason, then personally I think you can rule it out.
A hot cat will burn off oil VERY quickly, so if it's smoking, its not going to be *old* oil still in the cat.

Sonner34

Someone local to you on the forum might have a spare system you could borrow. Certainly if you where down my way I have a perfectly good stand system sitting at home only been off the car 2 days that I would lend for a few weeks, but I doubt smoking would have anything to do with a containmated cat.
2004 Silver MR2, For Sale, low mileage and pretty standard

ShieldsOnTour

I got mine from a rescue home for £30

You MAY want to spend a little more howerver ... this ones pretty pathetic!  s:) :) s:)
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

jonty

I'd avoid a pattern part from Euro Car Parts - I put one on my MR2 and after 1 winter looked like a 20yr old British Leyland product.

Zonda_

The engine is pumping out blue smoke constantly now, nothing to do with the cat,  engine is shot.

Anonymous

Shields ... you beat me to it!! :p

Flipside

80 for 2 wasn't bad either.  

Sorry couldn't resist!
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Tags: