Regain your lost BHP?

Started by AckersMR2, September 26, 2013, 18:33

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "normanh"Shep - we dont have HT leads on the 2 we use individual coilpacks fired by 12 volt pulses by the emu.
I thought a clutch actuating badger was amusing, but an emu too? And I've never seen it lay a single egg :/

Last time I mentioned redex on here, lots of people yelled at me and told me it was like putting paint stripper through your engine, so I never mentioned it since, but personally, I always chucked some in every now and then on my previous cars and it never seemed to do them any harm!
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

trickyD

+1
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

AndyM

Done one full tank of Redex (and just put the rest in a new tank).

No noticeable difference to be honest but the car felt good in the first place.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

spit

Slight drift as i know we're talking about getting some horses back, but don't forget, peeps, that offloading the rubbish you carry around with you goes a long way towards putting the fun back.

Off-drift: if you're serious about this, why not have your injectors ultrasonically cleaned. A reputable firm will de-crud them, test flow rates and get the optimum spray pattern back. Considering the cycles these little gadgets go through over the years, its worth doing IMO.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

dj2k21

Just to jump in with regards to terraclean. I was having an mot done on one of my cars about 2 months ago and there was a diesel chrysler pt cruiser having an mot too, you know those god awful looking things that should be banned for offending people's eyes!
Well the smoke that come out of the exhaust was insane! So they decided to terraclean it. I think they ran it on the chemical for about 45 mins or so then removed the machine.  The guy got back in the car and revved it and omg! Not a single bit of black smoke what so ever. He asked the lady owner to take it for a spin so she did and come back and said infront of everyone she didn't realise how fast the car was. She said it felt brand new! So although I have not driven a car myself thats had it done the look snd expression on her face said it all. Perhaps its much more noticeable on a diesel turbocharged car where alot more torque would be freed up but I have no doubt it worked for her.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

AckersMR2

Quote from: "spit"Slight drift as i know we're talking about getting some horses back, but don't forget, peeps, that offloading the rubbish you carry around with you goes a long way towards putting the fun back.

What like the Mrs?  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

In the words of Colin Chapman, 'Simplify, then add lightness'.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: