TRD Waydo Sportivo -> Way to go !! ;-)

Started by dieamond, July 15, 2004, 23:35

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "phat"If the standard Sportivos are stiffer than stock

They are quite a lot stiffer than stock. I don't really remember the numbers, but the stock springs had very low numbers...I just remember thinking if the Sportivo would be too rough, when I saw the numbers before buying them.

...but then again, it's all about the spring+shock combination, not just the shock...

Tem,

Do you know if the Eibach/TTE coilover springs are stiffer than the (standard) Sportivo springs?   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Did you also fit the member spacer that came with the Sportivo Springs kit   s:?: :?: s:?:  (the thing that looks like a round ended spanner) and if so, did it make a difference to your camber angle (I assume you got your geometry/alignment checked after fitting Sportivo  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Tem

Quote from: "phat"Do you know if the Eibach/TTE coilover springs are stiffer than the (standard) Sportivo springs?   s:?: :?: s:?:

Already answered you on the other thread  s;) ;) s;)

QuoteDid you also fit the member spacer that came with the Sportivo Springs kit   s:?: :?: s:?:  (the thing that looks like a round ended spanner) and if so, did it make a difference to your camber angle (I assume you got your geometry/alignment checked after fitting Sportivo  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Yeah, I put them in and the alignment check was right where it should be.

Worth mentioning that the mechanic said that these days all quality lowering kits come with hardware to get the alignment back to factory specs. I have no idea how much it would be off without the spacers, but I think most aftermarket springs come without them...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "phat"Do you know if the Eibach/TTE coilover springs are stiffer than the (standard) Sportivo springs?  :?:

Already answered you on the other thread ;)

QuoteDid you also fit the member spacer that came with the Sportivo Springs kit  :?: (the thing that looks like a round ended spanner) and if so, did it make a difference to your camber angle (I assume you got your geometry/alignment checked after fitting Sportivo :wink: )

Yeah, I put them in and the alignment check was right where it should be.

Worth mentioning that the mechanic said that these days all quality lowering kits come with hardware to get the alignment back to factory specs. I have no idea how much it would be off without the spacers, but I think most aftermarket springs come without them...

Got some info from iMR2 and littlerocket from SC on the coils spring topic. From what they could recall, the Eibach/TTE are more or less the same stiffness as stock springs (albeit 30mm shorter).

The Sportivo springs are linear and slightly stiffer than the progressive H&R springs (average stiffness). A few people who do a lot of autocrossing have fitted the WayDo or Competition springs and said they were excellent. However for every day use, they are apparently too stiff.

Therefore I've opted for the standard Sportivo springs and the WayDo 4-way adjustable struts. I think this will be a good combination.

Got an email from TRD France (Dieamond) and Technocraft in Japan today... should be getting the gear next Friday  :P

Tags: