1st service

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2004, 18:24

Anonymous

Okay, so I've just picked my car up from it's first service, from the same place that gave me this little nugget of advice: Hill's in Bishops Stortford, Herts.

The car's fine but I've got a couple of points to mention...

1.  Why on earth did they change my washer fluid, and then charge me for the priviledge! Fine, it was only £2, but I'd filled the reservoir up on Saturday and hadn't used any! Surely they could have left it as it was, seeing as it was blatently OK? I paid up though, as I probably should have checked the list to see what they actually do on a service.

2.  Good point time: I've got three slightly blistering wheels, and they've already got them on order, despite the fact that said wheels are hideously kerbed...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

3.  Bad point time: Went outside to drive the car away after paying my £133, got in the car went to drive off, when I discovered...  Whoever had been in my car last had obviously caught the plastic trim that goes around the leather insert in the driver's door, and had just left half of it hanging there!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   I went straight back in to see the Service Manager, and was very apologetic and promised to get me a whole new door insert to be fitted when I get my wheels done. Fair enough, but that's not really the point...

Whinge over. As you were, people.   s:D :D s:D

GSB

Sounds like a normal service then.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The reason for the washer fliud is its in the pro-forma service invoice. You have to ask them to take it off. Same as if you were to bring your own oil, you have to tell them that too...

Dont be too hard on them about this one, they just have a file on the computer marked MR2 roadster 10,000 mile service, and use it each time an MR2 comes in. 90% of the time its right. For the other 10%, its up to you to point out the discrepencies.

As for the wheels, thats very good of them. Technically, they dont have to do it if they're badly damaged by the owner.

As for the clumsy tech? You have to give them the benifit of the doubt, if he'd known he'd done it, he probably of tried to fix it. make sure the new one is a good colour match though...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"Sounds like a normal service then.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The reason for the washer fliud is its in the pro-forma service invoice. You have to ask them to take it off. Same as if you were to bring your own oil, you have to tell them that too...

Dont be too hard on them about this one, they just have a file on the computer marked MR2 roadster 10,000 mile service, and use it each time an MR2 comes in. 90% of the time its right. For the other 10%, its up to you to point out the discrepencies.

As for the wheels, thats very good of them. Technically, they dont have to do it if they're badly damaged by the owner.

As for the clumsy tech? You have to give them the benifit of the doubt, if he'd known he'd done it, he probably of tried to fix it. make sure the new one is a good colour match though...

Oh, I quite happily give them the washer fluid and the wheels. In retrospect, I should have asked what the service actually includes, but I didn't...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   And definately full respect about the wheels, but they shouldn't get kerbed again: the WTB is off of my insurance now!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The thing with the door card, is that it was so bloody obvious. I noticed it as I shut the door, because it was dangling on my hand! Same thing would have happened when opening the door, so I'm not entirely sure how he missed it. I'd definately have just stuck it back in if I was in his shoes, and just hoped for the best. But still, I get a new one, and getting stuff for free is never bad (or so I've been told).   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

My local dealer always shows me a pre-invoice with all the things that they are going to do with prices. I asked them to take the washer fluid off as I had also just filled it. At least you get to see what they are actually about to do along with the associated costing.  s:) :) s:)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

car mechanics, what do you expect!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Comer

Mines going into Hills on Friday for it's 20k service (on 14k  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ).  We'll see what happens to mine.....
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Comer

Quote from: "Comer"Mines going into Hills on Friday for it's 20k service (on 14k  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ).  We'll see what happens to mine.....

Well I've just had a phone call from Mr T saying that 'they recommend that my car isn't driven until it's repaired'  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Apparently the discs are so badly corroded that the pads are not in contact on one side of the braking system.

I mentioned JAE and they would rather I didn't drive it!!  I'm going to collect it as I would rather have it at home / JAE than at a dealership all weekend.

So now they recommend new discs and pads (the pads I have to pay for  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ), tyres, coolant and brake fluid.  And I have to take my V5 in for the 3rd time   s:x :x s:x  

I consider myself a competent driver, maybe that's why I haven't noticed the reduced braking performance but now I'm worried about driving to JAE.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Bloody hell mate, that's bad news.   s:( :( s:(  

My first instinct is to say that you shouldn't drive it, but then again if you're used to the way it's been braking, then why not? I don't think the problem's going to get that much worse over the weekend...

Anonymous

more to the point my first service cost £76   and that was inc them taking out the plugs to check how the turbo fuelling had been running

Anonymous

In fact i've just checked and I exagerated

10,000 mile service   30.80
Engine Oil                 19.24
Consumables              2.50
Screenwash                1.50
Oil Filter                     6.30
Gskt drain plug           0.69

VAT                         10.68

Total                        71.71

I also got 10% discount on this, but that wouldnt normally be available of course, but thats still almost double (£61.29 more!)

MRMike

Not to tip more salt on the wound but I paid £75 for my last service with top notch Oil. In the North I hasten to add! still thats quite a difference!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Quote from: "perry190"In fact i've just checked and I exagerated

10,000 mile service   30.80
Engine Oil                 19.24
Consumables              2.50
Screenwash                1.50
Oil Filter                     6.30
Gskt drain plug           0.69

VAT                         10.68

Total                        71.71

I also got 10% discount on this, but that wouldnt normally be available of course, but thats still almost double (£61.29 more!)
What garage are you using for those top prices  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

mines in the north as well I'm afraid, west riding toyota (used to be airdale toyota) in silsden near bradford  (they supplied the TTE's for the GB)

I went to them on my way up to glasgow the other week, the after sales manager was on the celica club stand on sunday (hence my added discount  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

Tags: