Wires for seats

Started by Mightyquin, October 19, 2013, 18:57

Mightyquin

Fitted my 'new' leather seats today  s:) :) s:)

I couldn't connect the wire for the drivers seat as the connector didn't match, but, what exactly is it for??? The passenger seat sets off the warning light if someone's sitting there without their belt on, but I don't notice anything for the drivers seat.

Do I need to bother connecting the wire? It must be there for a reason! I've never noticed any seat warmers either.

trevsmr2

Quote from: "Mightyquin"Fitted my 'new' leather seats today  s:) :) s:)

I couldn't connect the wire for the drivers seat as the connector didn't match, but, what exactly is it for??? The passenger seat sets off the warning light if someone's sitting there without their belt on, but I don't notice anything for the drivers seat.

Do I need to bother connecting the wire? It must be there for a reason! I've never noticed any seat warmers either.
I think its the same for the drivers seat ,belt warning beeper ,unless they are heated seats ,and your originals are not

i fitted UK seats into my import ,and only one wire connector would couple up ,

the seats i removed had heating elements inside ,even though the car didn't have the switches for heated seats ????

redarrow

The two seats are fitted with seat belt sensors.

The seat belt sencors are inbeded in the
Seat there self , they look like chair warmer
Wire, but there actullay seat belt sencors, they
Work via weight on the seat it self.( i think there
Real name is  called pressure pads))

The  two wire  left and right under the seat, connect to the ecu computer
For the seat belts.

If your driver seat belt is off then it shows a light on
Our cluster.

If the paasenger seat belt is of there a light
Just above the heater

Regards john
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

Mightyquin

Thanks!

I checked the handbook and yes there's another warning light! Can't say I've noticed it before as I tend to put my belt on before starting up.

Good news is that leaving the wire disconnected doesn't mean the light defaults to on, so I'll probably just leave it.

Tags: