2013 available coilover kits weight

Started by edmundopt, October 22, 2013, 02:05

edmundopt

I have recently instaled Eibach pro street springs and koni inserts, I did not change the torsion bars, anyway I do not like the koni on bad roads so I'm moving on..
I have found lots of people talking about the BC coilovers with spring rates of  4kg front and 6kg rear, and they are cheap, can anyone tell me if they are harder/softer then the eibach ones ? I would like something really near, how much each coilover weights ?

Near the price of the BC are the D2, anyone with them, how are they like?

Tein and KW are on the same price, and almost twice the cost, does anyone have them?

I'm from Portugal and that's all the brands I can get my hands on...

Anonymous

So you put lowering springs on and now its to bumpy?

If yes then any coilover setup is going to be harder than the mcphearson strut that you have now.

edmundopt

no problems with lowering, no problems with springs, problems with koni, in my opinion they are just  sshit shit sshit  for me.
they work like this, each time you compress them , they are harder to expand, and that working method is very bad for roads made of stone(tarmac is asphalt, and the ones made of smal stones are ? ) .

steve b

I know others disagree - maybe to justify the purchase, but I have BC's and great for the track.  Road standard is way better, the worse your roads are the worse BC's or anything heavily sprung will be.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

dori dori

got bc as well not fitted yet but can't wait to
"You spin me right round baby"

bschwarz

Get some gas filled shocks or put the stock ones back in. I had this problem with Koni on a different car, I kept the Eibach springs in but swapped the Koni out for some Monroe gas filled shocks and the difference was night and day.

I wouldn't recommend coilovers for a road car. Not worth spending all that money just to drive to work and back but that's just my opinion. All the roads round here are awful!

edmundopt

bschwars , thks for the reply, you agree with me the springs are really good but the koni are not..
Anyway, I will try to find out the spring rate on the eibach springs and try to fin some coilover kit with the same rate..

I have been reading spyderchat, and they say the Kw v3 are really good for street, problem is the price.. ebay wants £1,484.41..
and I have not found any reviews of the D2 ones...

Tags: