Eml problem

Started by Paulm280885, October 23, 2013, 19:49

Paulm280885

Hey guys I fitted Nathan ultimate gear bushings today went well apart from the few cuts and bruises problem is my eml has come knw is it because I disconnected the sensor on the air intake and forgot to reconnect before starting her up do I need to disconnect batt to reset ecu ?

Anonymous

Most very likely. Disconnect the batt for a bit and then reconnect and everything should be good

Paulm280885

Ok thanks mate I'll do that tomoz

MattPerformance

I can reset it for you on Sat, but if you started it with the MAF sensor disconnected this will definitely put the EML on.

Paulm280885

Yeah I did start it then it cut out and I realised it was connected

Paulm280885

Hey guys
Did a 20 mile trip over to my pals today and on the way back my eml cam on again what do you think it could be latest mods
New exhaust with sports cat
Markiii pipe
Nathan gear bushings
And also had to disconnect the maf to install the gear bushing  but I've since disconnected the batt to reset ecu what got rid of the light but knw it back
Any help please guys .

onion86

Rather than randomly guessing, the easiest answer is -  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16017 l    s:D :D s:D
(it's definitely not the gear bushings though)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Paulm280885

Ok thanks mate bought one last night of ebay. No problems with the car running like a dream

nathanMR2

Ill put money its the sports cat if youve had no spacer put in between the O2 sensor.

Failing that its likely to be a failed O2 sensor. You really need to get the code read
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Paulm280885

Cheers Nath I'm thinking it's the sports cat aswell code reader should be here tomoz do you think it's ok to drive it ?

nathanMR2

Shouldnt be a problem if its either one of the things ive mentioned.

Ive got a spacer that ill be removing from mine in about a month if thats where your problem lies and your interested?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Paulm280885

So my reader came today not to sure how it works but when I connect it and go into dtc it's says no codes yesterday I cleaned my maf and reset my ecu and the eml went and has not come back yet is this why it says no Codes ?

And Nathan what does the spacer look like ?

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Paulm280885"So my reader came today not to sure how it works but when I connect it and go into dtc it's says no codes yesterday I cleaned my maf and reset my ecu and the eml went and has not come back yet is this why it says no Codes ?

And Nathan what does the spacer look like ?

Disconnecting the battery clears the codes. Have a look at pending codes to see if anything is logged there.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Paulm280885

How do I access pending codes mate ?

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Paulm280885"How do I access pending codes mate ?

On the OBD reader software, you often get the option to read logged fault codes and a separate option to read pending codes. Pending codes are codes where there is a logged fault that needs to occur a number of times before am EML comes on.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Paulm280885

Hi Chris
Should the mil light be on or off ? And should the cat be ready or not ready ?

Paulm280885

Lil help please guys

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Paulm280885"Hi Chris
Should the mil light be on or off ? And should the cat be ready or not ready ?

Pending codes are logged faults that may be one off events. An example would be a catalyst below efficiency code. One occurrence would show a pending code, but would not trigger an EML. Maybe after two or three more occurrences, the EML would come on. Similarly, of you have two or three more start and run cycles without recurrence of the fault, it may be removed from the pending codes list.

Not sure what you mean by the second question?

Chris

Paulm280885

When you go into the I/m menu it has various component of car I.e misfire, cat , 02 sensor etc most say ready but the cat and 1 other says not ready what does this mean ? Does the car have to be up temp for cat to be ready ?
Thanks Chris

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Paulm280885"When you go into the I/m menu it has various component of car I.e misfire, cat , 02 sensor etc most say ready but the cat and 1 other says not ready what does this mean ? Does the car have to be up temp for cat to be ready ?
Thanks Chris

Not sure to be honest, I use Torque app and have not noticed that message. I will have a look next time I run the car (which may be some time as I am up to my neck in 7 day work at the moment).

Chris

Wabbitkilla

The obdii sensor list is generic, usually not ready means the system doesn't have that sensor or test. For example some cars have catalyst heating, the test is still there but the mr2 doesn't do it so it comes up either not ready or unsupported depending on the software of the code reader.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

FGrob

Morning.   s:D :D s:D    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Paulm280885

Hi
Plug the reader in this morning and it's showing a pending code of po136 which is 02 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor2) what is that and where is it

Paulm280885

Anyone

ChrisGB

I  think that is the post cat  sensor. A  search of the forum would confirm it.

Tags: