Battery issues

Started by adscan, November 8, 2013, 16:51

parker455

Going to order one as I've got the same issue, it's gradually got worse over the past couple of months. Run out of battery at the MOT centre and even when 'charged' the battery doesn't last long. alternator doesn't seem to be the issue so much as I had a long run the other day and the battery 'charged' to a certain degree, but it doesn't seem to be holding charge well.

One of those from battery megastore will fit an import 2001 MR-S won't they?

purplepowermonster

I guess it would but I measured my existing one to be sure and then checked the website.  I've not fitted mine yet though  s:-D :-D s:-D
2006 red Facelift, love it!

mr2matt

Can I join the "cold weather has knackered my battery" club please.

parker455

Request to join the club accepted.

Ordered mine yesterday, 35 quid from battery megastore as they had a 10% code on. Hopefully all is swell with it, should arrive tomorrow.

purplepowermonster

Quote from: "parker455"Request to join the club accepted.

Ordered mine yesterday, 35 quid from battery megastore as they had a 10% code on. Hopefully all is swell with it, should arrive tomorrow.

I was chuffed with my 5% but you've aced me with the 10% code, I wonder is anyone can do better that that.

Thirty five quid for a Varta battery delivered, that's awesome!

parker455

Quote from: "purplepowermonster"
Quote from: "parker455"Request to join the club accepted.

I was chuffed with my 5% but you've aced me with the 10% code, I wonder is anyone can do better that that.

Thirty five quid for a Varta battery delivered, that's awesome!

If you sign up on the mobile app they give you the 10% off! Can use the 5% with it too I believe!  s;) ;) s;)

Coming tomorrow, let's hope this goes to plan and it isn't my alternator  s:( :( s:(  nothing but trouble with this motor!

mr2matt

Keep us posted how you get on fitting the varta battery, will get one ordered on payday.

purplepowermonster

Finally got round to fitting the battery tonight, should have guessed the alarm would have gone off when I disconnected the terminals, certainly woke the neighbours up  :-) :-) :-)

Battery fits perfectly so no hesitation in recommending it to anyone else.  Might be just me but the engine seems to crank quicker as well.

mr2matt

Thanks for the update and the tip about the alarm. NOTE to self, change battery during day time so as not to  spiss piss spiss  the neighbou'rs off.

parker455

The sods didn't even ring my doorbell today and left a redelivery card for Tomorrow now! Arses. But I'll be fitting mine tomorrow, no alarm so the old dears either side of me shouldn't get to scared I hope  s;) ;) s;)  

Will crank better as more power coming from the battery. Mine, when charged fully, cranks faster but wont hold the charge. Will keep it as a spare though.

Tom

purplepowermonster

Good idea worth the spare, I always have a charged battery in the garage for jump starting, surprising how often it gets used....

Hope you get the battery OK today.

parker455

Cheers mate, nothings arrived still so I've got mine on charge for the afternoon. It's dead though, the charger showed 90% charged when the thing just about started earlier.

trickyD

Does anyone have the part number for the correct battery?
or the minimum specs it needs (AH etc)

I get loads of different options...

Thanks
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Tags: