Rear double filament bulbs

Started by Anonymous, July 17, 2003, 12:16

Anonymous

Anyone have the answer to this little scenario/question: -

Rear lights - the brake light and the rear light is one in the same bulb, with 2 filaments, a couple of days ago I changed my drivers side rear light/brake bulb - the brake filament was OK but the rear-light filament had gone.
Changed it, all OK, one day later, the passenger side rear brake filament went (in the equivalent left-sided bulb), with the rear-light filament OK.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a right and wrong way to insert the bulb into the socket? There are only 2 ways, it slips into a long straight groove, but does it matter which way round you do it? I dont remember reading about this particular bulb nuance in the le Manuel

cheers
Stevo

Anonymous

From memory, most dual filament bulbs have their locating pins set on a stagger so that they can only be fitted one way around.  

I have not inspected the Roadster's bulb so can't say if they are any different...

Not sure if that is of any use.

I wonder if when one bulb blew, it somehow overloaded a circuit to cause the second to blow.  

Or maybe they just have a very accurate limited life span and it has now ended......weird!

Andrew

Anonymous

Quote from: "amr2"I wonder if when one bulb blew, it somehow overloaded a circuit to cause the second to blow.  

Or maybe they just have a very accurate limited life span and it has now ended......weird!

yah, these are the bits I'm wondering too!

cheers for the 1st bit of info, didnt think of that, guess I got lucky on my 1st attempt (as to the correct way round)!

Steve

Tags: