traction control!!!

Started by 450-hp turbo man, December 10, 2013, 22:21

450-hp turbo man

does any one know of an affter market traction control kit???

dj2k21

My ecu has it built in as standard mate. Link g4
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

450-hp turbo man

ah ha am I right in thinking the link is a stand alone? and if so is it plug and play?

dj2k21

Yeah stand alone. There is no plug and play adapter for the mr2 roadster so there is a fair bit of wiring to do but it's not too bad. Mine used to spin up in 1st to 3rd in the dry and right through in the wet but since changing tyres and adding traction it's superb really
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

450-hp turbo man

Sound good, only went with emu cos I was told only way to keep obd and dash working! But mite just upgrade  s:) :) s:)  thanks for feed back bud.

Star_69

RaceLogic do an awesome aftermarket TC if you're happy with your existing set up

m http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en ... on-control m
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

dj2k21

My dash works absolutely fine pal never had an issue. You do lose the obd with my set up but I don't see why you want obd when you have a stand alone ecu that feeds you constant live data direct to a screen in the car or even your laptop if you choose

450-hp turbo man

Thanks for the link star-69 ! Dj2 I didn't realize there were systems that good, wot sort of cost for link ?

Anonymous

The emerald ecu can do launch control and traction control to. Also emerald give you all the software and leads with the ecu so you can adjust how you like, if your brave enough that is.

dj2k21

Yeah pal the link has all kinds and also comes with the software which is a free download and the usb lead. It has launch control, traction control, allows for abs and the electric power steering etc. Plenty of outputs to run nitrous or whatever. I personally am running a secondary injector set up for on boost action and a variable speed water pump which is thermostatically controlled. I really do rate the link and it's utter ease of use plus it has more safety cut offs than I've seen on any other management system. I personally have a good one which is a level sensor in the expansion tank of the chargecooler which cuts the power and boost down if water level drops which is nice.

450-hp turbo man

this all sounds very exciting stuff   s:P :P s:P  im going to do some serous thinking about changing to stand alone!! your set up sound superb mate just how they should have been built in the first place Lol.

dj2k21

Lol its getting there pal. It's not quite 450bhp mind. More like 400 at the moment but I've wound it back due to having the stock gearbox.  But once the e153 is finished I will go 500 and that will be it

mrzwei

Quote from: "450-hp turbo man"your set up sound superb mate just how they should have been built in the first place Lol.

Interestingly, the FL smt came with traction control and stability control. Not to the standard of this other kit I'm sure but they did do it.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

450-hp turbo man

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  Ha ha 500 hp 1000 kg = grim reper Lol, Im only running roughly 300 at mo and Im used to my zx12r performance with is 0 to 150 in about 10 seconds but the car is much more fun!! the trac control that comes out the factory on prodution cars is absolute crap 1% wheel spin and total power cut for about 5 hours then gently back in, I want trac control that just takes the edge of not take away all the fun!! cos isn't that the reason we put so much time effort and money in to our 2's in the first place??   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

mrzwei

As I said, not to the standard of this other kit.
They were the only 2 to offer it at all. You seemed to suggest that they hadn't thought about it.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

dj2k21

Yeah the link is fully programmable to how hardcore you want it basically.  To be honest I didn't realise about the smt having it but then again I don't own one so never even thought about it. Interesting though

loadswine

If you are going to go to all that expense, consider a Syvecs standalone system. Probably the best out there and have the capability that you require, plus, and this is the big one, it gets you access to one of the best mappers currently available, namely Ryan. To give you an idea, syvecs is the first, and probably only ecu out there, to work as a standalone system on the Nissan GTR and run all its complex systems.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

dj2k21

I'm just not entirely convinced a syvecs is the best to be honest.  Link make the ecus for the harrier jump jet which I dare say makes a GTR look like block of wood in complexity.
Having analysed both ecus thoroughly with my tuner we were just not able to find anything the syvecs can do that the link couldn't.  Yet there were things the link could do that syvecs didn't even have options for. I guess it comes down to what you know but for me the more safe failes the better which link has in abundance.  There are just far too many different opinions out there to choose from so my only suggestion would be to use whatever system your mapper is most confident with or as loadswine says be willing to travel to someone like Ryan.

450-hp turbo man

Yep totally agree, will go with link tho cos looking at it it does have everything and more! Do all my own mapping tho have been doing tunning+diagnostic's for over 20 years and wouldn't have anyone else tune for me, way to expensive   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

steve b

Quote from: "450-hp turbo man"Yep totally agree, will go with link though cos looking at it it does have everything and more! Do all my own mapping though have been doing tunning+diagnostic's for over 20 years and wouldn't have anyone else tune for me, way to expensive   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

?? You have been mapping for 20 years and you don't seem to know anything about ECU's; worrying about OB2, never heard of such a pointless worry as already pointed out    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

No offense intended but your posts read a lot like trying to build up to trying to selling services without being an affiliate, yet at the same time some big knowledge gaps seem apparent.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

450-hp turbo man

No body said been mapping for 20 years pal, if you read post properly you mite just get it wright!! Been in trade over 20 years and have now got a new hobby, it's an mr2 and have built a very nice turbo kit, Howe ever have built some good stuff in past but never got to involved with the after market ecu business, and I don't need to be an affiliate if I do not intend to make money from this site, so would appreciate you ether keep your accusation's to your self or go threw proper Chanel's and complain about me, as far as knowledge " gaps" go yes we all have to find the wright answers to wot we're not sure of, it's called sharing knowledge! And that's how most people gain there "knowledge" but you seem to be quite jealous of my ability to ask for help when I need to!! I suppose your one of those types who knows it all so never need to ask!!! Oh and as for EOBD it's illegal to run a car on the road that was first registered after 1992 without OBD, anyway have found a great standalone system that can keep EOBD in tact, so won't be needing your superior knowledge thanks, and for any other members who would like to carry on sharing knowledge I would be most great full!!!

dj2k21

I think some of what's been said isn't exactly accurate. I absolutely do not see why anybody would want to retain obd which is massively outdated in comparison to a simple usb lead connected to a stand alone ecu. It defeats the object of having stand alone. I keep a laptop in my glove box so I can alter the ecu as and when I please.
As far as law is concerned once you turbo the mr2 it goes from being a 1zzfe to a 1zzfet which is not a mass produced engine and there for can be tested as a pre 92 or kit car. So there are ways and means round things. I appreciate you wanting to retain obd and the link has an output to do so but I genuinely do not see why you would want to.

450-hp turbo man

I do appreciate that every one has there preference and thats wot makes us individuals, Iv now found a harness that lets link control all engine parameters but lets standard ecu control everything else! which keeps things very simple, however that doesnt give anybody the right to (1) accuse me of trying to profit from this site or (2) accuse me of misleading anyone in wot I do or do not know!! I am a mr2 owner and love the fact these cars are so tunable, in most clubs if a member has the skill to produce parts and help other members achieve there desired goels then that is taken as a bonus and part of the benifits of being in a club of like minded enthusiasts !! however Im getting the impression that in this club offering things to people on a soely cost basis is treading on the toes of those who are profiting from all the club members !!!

as far as being tested as a pre 92 car im sure that only apply's if it's completely differant  engine! suppose could always stamp the T on block   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dj2k21

Well mines over bored to 1.93 litres and turbo and it's always been tested as a kit car which is nice. I wouldn't bother buying harnesses etc. Just use one of the ecu outputs to link the stock ecu to control the dash and electric power steering like I did. Sorted pal

450-hp turbo man

thanks for tip dj2, was just thinking in a lazy way that plug in is quick and easy  s:D :D s:D  and just my OCD wanting to keep loom in tacked, its going to be a wile yet before I fit link, just building new motor with forged parts at the moment then going to fit all in one go!!

Tags: