traction control!!!

Started by 450-hp turbo man, December 10, 2013, 22:21

dj2k21

Ah right ok mate that's fair enough. Yeah I'm planning some big things for mine this winter like. Good luck with your project though
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

loadswine

Just for clarity, the pre 1992 type test is only for where an engine has been changed to another engine , that was actually manufactured and has a designation, NOT something somebody has made up. There is no 1zz-feT.
Some of the V6 converted chaps quite legally adopt this route. Turbocharged Roadsters would need to pass the test normally.
Kitcar designations are something different again.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

dj2k21

Thing is, it's not an mot testers job to know what engine you have in there, they just make sure the vehicle is safe for the roads, they test what's there in front of them, if you put a Ferrari v12 in your car it wouldn't matter to them, they test the oldest part of the car so a 2013 car with a 1980 engine would be tested as a 1980 car basically.  It just so happens the tester asked me about my car and I mentioned it's internals were changed, it's displacement increased, changed to forced induction and every body panel had been replaced for wider and lighter and he immediately said oh well I can test this the easy way then. As a pre 92/kit car but it just so happens that even tested normally and with no cat it still passes emissions tests which is nice.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

450-hp turbo man

Im afraid its exactly an MOT testers job to check wot engine is in the vehicle when presented for test! we have a book with engine numbers to check against if not sure and loadswine is quite right in that it has to be a completely different engine to be tested as pre 92 ! and any engine without a cat fitted could not possibly pass a cat test as it would have to run too lean and then it would fail on o2 being too high!!

dj2k21

I take mine to the same place every year. The first year they popped the engine lid up and had a nosey at all my shiny bits. I'm now on year 4 and they pop it up, look for leaks or whatever then drop it back down. He probed my exhaust last time and had a chuckle and said this thing would bloody pass anyways. Not once had an issue ever with it to be fair

steve b

Quote from: "450-hp turbo man"No body said been mapping for 20 years pal, if you read post properly you mite just get it wright!! Been in trade over 20 years and have now got a new hobby, it's an mr2 and have built a very nice turbo kit, Howe ever have built some good stuff in past but never got to involved with the after market ecu business, and I don't need to be an affiliate if I do not intend to make money from this site, so would appreciate you ether keep your accusation's to your self or go threw proper Chanel's and complain about me, as far as knowledge " gaps" go yes we all have to find the wright answers to wot we're not sure of, it's called sharing knowledge! And that's how most people gain there "knowledge" but you seem to be quite jealous of my ability to ask for help when I need to!! I suppose your one of those types who knows it all so never need to ask!!! Oh and as for EOBD it's illegal to run a car on the road that was first registered after 1992 without OBD, anyway have found a great standalone system that can keep EOBD in tact, so won't be needing your superior knowledge thanks, and for any other members who would like to carry on sharing knowledge I would be most great full!!!

Don't worry I have complained via the correct channels, mainly about your inability to type in anything resembling English, but also because I'd worry that someone inexperienced may believe anything you say.

Cheers

1996: The OBD-II specification is made mandatory for all cars sold in the United States.
2001: The European Union makes EOBD mandatory for all gasoline (petrol) vehicles sold in the European Union, starting in MY2001 (see European emission standards Directive 98/69/EC[2]).
2004: The European Union makes EOBD mandatory for all diesel vehicles sold in the European Union.

But doesn't matter anyway as not part of the MOT, only has to be present when sold new.

Steve
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Tags: