Door warning light

Started by Webby20001, January 13, 2014, 13:20

Webby20001

My door open warning lights keeps flickering on along with the internal light while I'm driving along with the door firmly shut, anyone any ideas what it might be, what I can check?
Cheers

Mikeymead

Possible chafed wire on the switch earthing out?
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Webby20001

Do I have to take the door apart to get to the switch?

Jay67

the switch is in the door jamb, held on with 1 screw, might be sticking or as Mikeymead says wiring fault
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

StuC

If it is that thing sticking or otherwise faulty, can they be swapped from driver to passengers to help eliminate a component at fault?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tricky1138

Quote from: "StuC"If it is that thing sticking or otherwise faulty, can they be swapped from driver to passengers to help eliminate a component at fault?

Stu - are you asking if they are able to be swapped over or asking if the OP could swap them to see if it fixes the problem?

My drivers door switch didn't work so swapped it for passenger one. That worked for me till I could get a new one!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

StuC

Kinda the same thing tricky. You have proved the point.

I didn't know if the switches were handed to suit the body. I.e. Righthand or lefthand. You have put me straight, which should give a solution for the OP.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Webby20001

Thanks for the replys guys, took a while to shut the door and get it to go off tonight just so I could lock it!! I'll take a look tomorrow at the switch

tricky1138

Quote from: "Webby20001"Thanks for the replys guys, took a while to shut the door and get it to go off tonight just so I could lock it!! I'll take a look tomorrow at the switch

That does sound like a faulty switch but the opposite to my problem. Mine didn't turn the interior light or door open warning light on! Replaced and all working in my case.

Yours could just be a loose wire behind the switch.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Tags: