Nice to meet you / info requested about Suspension systems

Started by adamino, January 17, 2014, 13:32

adamino

Hi, my name is Alessandro and I joined this forum recently to read about your experiences and knowledge about all related MR2/ZZW30 topics.
I own my ZZW30 since last year and I can say hat I never had such a great, fun and lovely car. Next to that I think that Toyota has done an excellent job in the production of an affordable and maintainable little 'sports'car.

I bought it as it is shown on the pictures and all credit for the customization work done goes to it's previous owner Eleon.
I have ordered a set Black Diamond rotors and pads and HEL Brake lines as a small upgrade.
Currently I am also looking at finding some aftermarket stabilization etc. to replace the OEM ones for both front and back. Are products from Megan Racing any good, or is this too much. My engine is standard and I have currently no plans to change this.

Thanks
Alessandro

mrzwei

Hi Alless and welcome!

You mention pictures but they don't show so this link may be useful

l viewtopic.php?p=257299#257299 l

That Megan Racing stuff looks good, don't know if any of the performance guys on here use it.
When you say 'stabilization' are you talking about the whole suspension system (springs, shocks etc.) or things like anti-roll bars and chassis bracing?
Again, you will get a lot of input if you are a bit more specific.

As usual for the Dutch, your English is better than a lot of ours   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

James and his MR2

The pics are on his profile

mrzwei

Got it! Thanks for pointing that out.

Nice looking motor.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

adamino

Motor?

onion86

Welcome to the club.

Motor = English slang. He means your car looks nice  s:smile: :smile: s:smile:

I believe FGRob (now Bernie's car) had some Megan racing control arms etc. but not sure about anyone else. They are good parts though.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: