Pistols Roadster... project track

Started by pistol pete, January 24, 2014, 18:46

pistol pete

[youtube:1hu5m4ub]ZpHBT3cCOUc[/youtube:1hu5m4ub]

pistol pete

[youtube:3clvhal3]5p2Tqapouys[/youtube:3clvhal3]

AndyM

Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of embedding the videos in the posts.

Looks like a fun session  s:D :D s:D
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Anonymous

Looks like a good day. Thanks for posting videos!
What brake pads do you run, Have you fitted braided hoses?

Last question...what camera were you filming with?

ray835

whats that horrible rattling   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

pistol pete

Sorry the rattling is something inside the camera which I am sorting before Bedford on the 20th

It's a £50 hd camera from amazon

I am using pagid  brake pads and they were perfect never faded all day

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at some cheap cameras recently for track cameras. Going to try one of these MD80 mini cameras.

Pad wide its something I've been agonising over. I've seen EBC greenstuff, yellowstuff and hawk performance. Think I'm going to pick hawk front (they don't do a rear pad) and yellowstuff rear.

But going on your experience, maybe I don't need to spend quite so much!

Looking forward I brands once my car is ready  s:) :) s:)

pistol pete

the cars standard, and i pushed the brakes hard in the dry and had no issues at all
wanted to try these for same reason, want it to be a cheap hobby as possible, to be honest i could ask no more from them and they have been perfect..
used these
 m http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyot ... fe0&000036 m

will try and find a link for the camera

pistol pete

one of these
brilliant little camera
got a problem and they are changing it with out issue
 m http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gear-Pro-High-D ... ds=gearpro m

Stifler

Been looking for a camera myself for track days so thanks for the link!

Where / how did you attach it?  Most track day organisers wont allow suction cups  s:( :( s:(

ETA: oh and how are you solving the rattling?  Just adding some padding into the case?

Anonymous

I was going to say the same about camera mount.

pistol pete

mount is very easy comes with a Handle bar mount and loads of others... but i used that to go round the bar for rear view mirror
that way its not in the way you cant really seat it and its securely mounted.. its out the way enough that i leave the mount there permenatly

As for the rattle my friend has one the same and his does not so its just my camera, i have told the seller about it and he has offered a full refund for me to send back so its not really an issue...

Just ahve to buy a memory card..
it gives a really good picture for the price and mounts easily and easy to use...

only thing it doesn't do is if its set back so you can see inside the car you won't see outside as its brighter, so do have to do it so it see outside... doesn't like dark inside car and bright outside, but its not an issue where its mounted,

Anonymous

That sounds like a good solution, thanks! Might have to order one myself  s:) :) s:)  

So what other track days do you have planned? I've got a bit of work to do before I'm ready but would be interested to her what events your planning maybe tag along

pistol pete

Well my next one is week Saturday (22nd)
At Bedford so not far from you
I don't have a passenger that day so come along and say hi I'll take ya out
My mate will be there in his mk1 supercharger too so he will take you out
Will be a good day
Then I am at Blyton 28th march

Anonymous

That'd be brilliant, I will check the diary (or should I say check with the mrs  s:) :) s:)  )

Anonymous

Unfortunately we are busy that weekend  s:( :( s:(  I'm subscribed to your thread though, so will keep an eye on your track bookings  s:D :D s:D  hopefully be able to join you on one or two with mine before the end of the year  s:D :D s:D ... Just noticed 28th March, that might be do-able

pistol pete

blyton is right up manchester way, so its a bit of a trek..

but have no fear there with be several bedford and brands before the end of the year..
hoping to do one a month   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

pistol pete

Well that's been loads of fun
All now stripped clutch fluid changed and brakes bled again as had slightly spongy feel when at brands
Rattley heat shield removed too

And it definitely feels lighter on its feet well chuffed
Brakes feel great very strong
Clutxh bite still very high( might have to see I'd rogue can fit me in Friday) but it now returns a lot quicker as it should
I did put a stereo in for some comforts for the long journeys but its not too loud in there no sound deadening has gone the 1.5 was miles louder
Overall very chuffed anyone need any interior parts for a mk3??

Anonymous

Nice work! How much do you think all that weighs?

pistol pete

Have no idea
Will see if I can work it out

StuC

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Nice work! How much do you think all that weighs?

For reference, Markiii created this for weights.   s8) 8) s8)  
See if you can add it up before Pete does!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

Maybe upto 30kg? (Including the lighter manifold) worth it in that case!

revi001

Really enjoying this thread, well done Pete.
Standard as is.

pistol pete

thanks people
well last few mad bits get done before bedford

1st was clutch, ended up putting it in a local garage to have it changed with this weather i didn't want to get stuck outside in the rain
when changed the clutch plate was fine, but looked to be the original, guy said most likely the pressure plate had got weak

and yep, soo much nice now a good bite and feel to the clutch now, so much happier with it

Also go the seats in.. very please and comfy
passenger one sits higher but not worried and drivers is pretty low, i have managed to use the original seat runners to get these to fit, so still able to use the original seat belts too

Anonymous

Great work Pete, Seats look great, very interested in how you used the original runners, any welding? Do you think the sitting position is higher than before, in quite talk so wouldn't want to sit higher.

Anything else todo before Bedford? Is it the GT track?

Tags: