Pistols Roadster... project track

Started by pistol pete, January 24, 2014, 18:46

chris3boro

Looking good! Random question, but does the car have more or less rattles when it's stripped out to that extent? Part of me thinks there must be almost nothing left to rattle, but if there is anything then you are going to hear it!

pistol pete

Hi buddy

Well I found the seat bases have 4 bolts which I made small plates to me them to the 4 on the seats

The back of the original just unbolts
I'll get some photos next time I take them out
Nothing more to do as I'm sat in a hotel 5 miles from the circuit  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Hope all goes well today!!

tommccrea

Looks like brilliant fun.

pistol pete

Sorry been super busy

It was awesome just awesome
Highlights were outdoing a e36 m3,  mates 3.5v6 mk2 couldn't keep up in the twisting
And the fast on straight but terrible driver in the atom so done that too

Quick vid my mate in the v6 following
My vids to come soon currently uploading....
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWz6fV_ ... ata_player m

Anonymous

Nice smooth driving! Car didn't give you any problems? How are the brakes holding up?

Did you feel any difference with the weight taken out the interior?

pistol pete

Hi.. noticed the weight quite a bit on track, especially as i didn't have my mate in the car this time...

Brakes were prefect as was the car.. it got hammered all day and never showed signs of anything other than wanting more,

running standard suspension and it was fine(yes in the pics a bit of body roll), was still more than enough to upset the bigger cars, and i managed to melt my front and rear tyres

Here is its last run with my mate in the car
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWa0DbkWsrk m

you look at my channel the others are there too..

Looking forward to blyton on the 28th march..

pics from the day

loved it was a great track car. definatly made teh right choice with it
will get some bigger ARB's somepoint, and as its a budget track car unless i find some coilovers cheap ill get some springs for noe, cos lets be honest its all about having fun, no need to throw money at it.

and belive me i had a lot of fun doesn't have to be the quickest car..
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcUpwvfgZE m
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woyFiMHlxtA m

Anonymous

Some fantastic pictures there, was that a professional photographer on the day?

I agree about the suspension, I just bought some tein springs for £100 from eBay. You'll be fighting me for he Coilovers if some come up at a good price  s:D :D s:D  lol

Thanks for sharing the pics and video, great to watch  s:D :D s:D

pistol pete

no worries

yeah i was thinking about the teins too.. they will do the job.
Don';t see the point of throwing 700+£ on coilovers when thats whats the car is worth i just wanna have fun  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

steve b

Arbs on standard suspension is a really good compromise, I ran the car for a while like that and loved it.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

js1mr2

Looks like you had good weather, how many other cars were there? I did a trackday at Bedford a little while ago and really enjoyed it, its perfect for the winter as even if the weathers bad there's not much to hit if you do leave the track. For a cheap upgrade I'd really recommend the Tein springs, think I paid £120 from Camskill and they totally transformed the experience on track without compromising ride comfort on the road

Anonymous

How's it going dude, any new mods or track outings?

pistol pete

Hi

Looking at getting some tein springs when I have the money

No changes at the mo although I am getting a full carbon fibre bgw for doing some car detailing next weekend so will be fitting that next week  s;) ;) s;)

3 weeks till Blyton
Then end of April will be combe
Hoping Snetterton after that

parker455

I'm looking at doing one at snetterton in may with the MX-5, would be cool to meet you there!

pistol pete

sounds good.. ill be looking towards the end of may i expect...

I have got a new strut brace today...
fitted and it does make a good difference too

also took the spare wheel etc out..

and here is mine and andys cars together  s:) :) s:)

ayresyboy

Loookin goooooood!
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

pistol pete

need to take you out on track ... then we can really try it out   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

I've got one of those braces to fit too. Glad it makes a difference  s:D :D s:D

pistol pete

Got the rear wing fitted.. really pleased with it.. may even help on the long sweepers... seems to have made a difference when i tried it out on a very private long sweeping round thing

and at last got my steering wheel fitted feels a lot better

after they were fitted went out for a few hours with my mate ben.. such a hoot to drive and gets soooo many looks

Anonymous

I'm not a fan of wings on these cars but it actually seems to suit it!

Just noticed you've got the same seats as I have  s:) :) s:)  

What size steering wheel did you go for?

chris3boro

I bet you get some looks!

mrzwei

m http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/ ... WA0017.jpg m

That must be a pig to handle on an anti-clockwise circuit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

pistol pete

Thanks people's
I'm not a fan of the rear wings of this style either
But and it's a big but
I love it on this car it just suits the whole essence of the car.. Just to have a laugh
And a good run today proved how neutral the handling is now feels so good love it

pistol pete

Wheel size is a 330 I think may be 350 I'll have to check I've had it so long now
but will prob try get a smaller one some point

Anonymous

Thanks mate, got a boss but still not ordered a wheel, need to measure original one and work out what I may want

Tags: