People who run AD08/R

Started by Stifler, February 2, 2014, 14:35

SteveMK3

By the way what have people found to be the best tyres pressure to run with AD08R?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveMK3"By the way what have people found to be the best tyres pressure to run with AD08R?

I'd like to know the same! I was struggling a bit last time out (first time I've used them)

Two's Company

Quote from: "SteveMK3"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Has anyone found anywhere with AD08Rs in stock in facelift sizes?  I'm struggling to locate anywhere with them on the shelf and they are on backorder from Yokohama until 17 July.  

Cheers

Don't know if it's still the same but I bought some very recently from Blackcircles and stock was fine at the time.

They're not listed on black circles

spit

Quote from: "Two's Company"Has anyone found anywhere with AD08Rs in stock in facelift sizes?  I'm struggling to locate anywhere with them on the shelf and they are on backorder from Yokohama until 17 July.  

Cheers

Did you ask Tweeks?

clicky
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Two's Company

Tweeks don't have them and no date for when they'll arrive. Cam skill have 195/50/15 listed as in stock but no rears. Ears were the ones who said 17 July.

There aren't many places I can find who stock them.

Stifler

Regarding pressures, I ran 26 front 32 rear and dropped down to 24 front and 30 rear for track.  Those worked a treat for me  s:) :) s:)

ETA: I meant 28F road and 26F track.  Rears are correct.

(26/24 were the lotus! - doh)

shnazzle

I run pretty high on the front, 29. This has given me a quicker turn in and quicker on the exit without wobble, but...does understeer. 31 on the rear. I've never had the rear go and it has been fantastic for me.
so I'm sticking with 29-31, but that's my driving style. I could probably happily go to 27/30
...neutiquam erro.

Anonymous

I'll try the same as you shnazzle. Are you running normal facelift sizes?

shnazzle

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"I'll try the same as you shnazzle. Are you running normal facelift sizes?

No. Therein lies the difference haha. Forgot mention that.

I'm running slightly wider on both front and back

I'd maaayyybe to stock width on front next time. But I'm quite pleased as-is.
...neutiquam erro.

Anonymous

Me too, and 16s all round.

shnazzle

I sincerely struggle to get the car to lose grip on dry. It seems impossible once these tyres are warmed up. So much so that I want to see if I can get a harness put in because frankly I'm the only thing holding back on harder cornering because I'm fighting the Gs
...neutiquam erro.

AndyM

Quote from: "shnazzle"So much so that I want to see if I can get a harness put in because frankly I'm the only thing holding back on harder cornering because I'm fighting the Gs

Get yourself a CG Lock mate, they are awesome!

I bought one in the charity auction on Saturday and I'm amazed how secure it feels, can't believe I didn't buy one years ago.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

shnazzle

Quote from: "AndyM"
Quote from: "shnazzle"So much so that I want to see if I can get a harness put in because frankly I'm the only thing holding back on harder cornering because I'm fighting the Gs

Get yourself a CG Lock mate, they are awesome!

I bought one in the charity auction on Saturday and I'm amazed how secure it feels, can't believe I didn't buy one years ago.

Ah forgot about those! Yeah will do. Cheers for the tip
...neutiquam erro.

SteveMK3

Quote from: "Two's Company"
Quote from: "SteveMK3"

Cheers

Don't know if it's still the same but I bought some very recently from Blackcircles and stock was fine at the time.

They're not listed on black circles

To be honest I didn't even check their site I just emailed them asking for there best price (which I was happy with) and they arrived the next day so might be worth dropping them a line.

Two's Company

Just emailed them. Probably going to have to get toyos.

Two's Company

Blackcircles can't them either.  Ears are sendind me some Toyos  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

R888s?

Two's Company

Too extreme.  I will primarily use it on the road.

Anonymous

Fair enough. I'll try 888s next time I think  s:) :) s:)

Get your crossmember all fitted now?

Two's Company

Yes thanks. Have you started yours?

Anonymous

I'm going for it this weekend  s:) :) s:)  thanks for the hints and tips

Two's Company

Get spraying with the plus gas tomorrow!

Anonymous

Been spraying it for the last week !

Tags: