front wheel bearings worn out

Started by zxr400, February 5, 2014, 07:58

zxr400

can anyone help me. I have a 2002 mr2 mk3 and the front wheel bearings need replacing.I have seen some on ebay for £50-£60  has anyone used
them and are they okay to use as I dont want to pay £260 for Toyota ones. Also is it an easy job to replace myself and do I need any special tools to do it.

cptspaulding

I got a Toyota one from CTP on here for £210 as my mechanic had a horror story on similar but Audi replacement bearings (cheapos at customer's instruction) where he discovered two in a row had play in them once they were on the car & had to be stripped down again; finally going with the Audi OEM part.

I believe others on here have used the e-bay units without any complaints. If it was a pair of bearings I may well have taken a punt on the ebay units myself.

Not sure about fitting, no doubt others will answer.
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

pauls0212

Ive replaced mine with the flea bay variety and they seem ok... 3,000 miles in and no probs... figured it was worth a punt at 50 each.
red 2003 standard so far

krazysteve

Quote from: "pauls0212"Ive replaced mine with the flea bay variety and they seem ok... 3,000 miles in and no probs... figured it was worth a punt at 50 each.
+1, only been on a couple of weeks but seem ok. Plus it came very quick.
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK ... 4615e4775b m
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

Tags: