car droning noise

Started by zxr400, February 17, 2014, 08:03

zxr400

I have a 2002 mr2 and I have a droning noise when I am driving along at anything over 20mph.
I have had the wheel bearings checked and they are all okay. I checked the brakes, by spinning the wheels
when car was jacked up and they all spin okay although the rear brakes do drag a little bit more than the front.
The discs have some rust on them but no real build up that would cause any noise. I did have some new front
tyres fitted about 500 miles ago dunlop blueresponse, but the noise started about 300-400 miles after they were fitted.
The only other thing I think it could be is the drive shaft but I hope not as this would cost a fortune. Could anyone advise
me on what it could be, thanks

Joesson

This could be your new tyres as they have now bedded in they will have full contact with the road.
Tyres and different road surfaces make many different, often worrying /annoying noises.
I suggest that if the droning noise varies on differing road surfaces then your problem is noise from the tyres.
Also make sure you have correct pressures.
If it is the tyres you will learn to live with it and remember the good thing is that it won't cost you money.

Tags: