Anyone with TTE Stabilizers?

Started by Sam, August 9, 2004, 16:14

Sam

Had a complete nightmare weekend on the car trying to fit the TTE anti-roll bars.

1st Problem - Seemed to be nigh on impossible to connect the front bar on the tightest setting?

I gave up with that and went for the middle setting....

2nd Problem - Stud connecting bracket that holds anti-roll bar to chassis decided to snap. (The last one to be tightened - isn't that always the way   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

3rd problem on refitting wheels the whole damper fell out of its top mounting with two studs completely threaded! (one was already threaded - but wasnt overly concerned as I have new dampers and suspension going on in a few weeks).

What a disaster - and I haven't even started the rear stabiliser!

I picked up a new suspension mount from Toyota this afternoon so that will solve the damper issue, and eventually I should be able to extract the broken stud (although I may have to remove the complete lower suspension arm). But going back to where I started....

any tips for getting the front stabiliser attached on the tightest setting  s:?: :?: s:?:
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Tags: