handbrake reserve travel ?

Started by wotugonado, March 8, 2014, 20:37

wotugonado

Do toyota say the handbrake should operate between 5 to 8 clicks ?
My question is, if toyota recommend 5 to 8 clicks but the tester says no what should i do ?

The calipers were cleaned, greased and set as per the caliper handbrake guide, when new disks and pads were fitted, and  as my driveway is on a slope i
know its working fine.
Should i adjust it to do fewer clicks or does the reserve travel mean something else ?
Really peed me off as its been fine since all this was done, but failed anyway.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Markb

Clicks shouldn't really come in to it if it works and its pulling both wheels evenly....personally i like around 4 or 5 but most modern cars seem to be 5-8....its a bit mean if you failed on it,give the tester a look at the handbook,was the balance and efficiency ok?

wotugonado

It failed on a few things, but this one annoyed me as stated above. He just said adjustment was needed, but it was well within the guidelines if the info ive
found is correct. so just need confirmation that 5 to 8 clicks is the toyota recommendation. Its a bit of pita to adjust it to get it through the mot if its already correct.
can anyone clarify what reserve travel actually means as i ve read a few variations on the term.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Tags: