Annoying rattle

Started by Webby20001, March 10, 2014, 14:02

Webby20001

As above, I've got a really annoying rattle when I take my foot of the gas, put the clutch in and it goes. It's only when I take my foot off as in changing gear or just slowing down and it seems to come from behind my right shoulder. Anyone any ideas?? Cheers

Jay67

Hopefully nothing more than the heatshield on the cat, has a habit of rusting through and rattling, took mine off in the end
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

phils99

just drill the rusted broken nuts out from the cat heatshield and replace with a stainless steel nut and bolt...that fixed mine!

Webby20001

I did wonder if it was a heatshield, is it easy to see/get to??

phils99

tak off the rear nappy and hopefully you should be able to get to the cat after that

mr mr2

Jubilee clip what I used easy fix
Excelsior

Davred

Stuffed between the shield and the cat with a brillo pad/wire wool and that stopped mine.
One year on, still good  s:D :D s:D
W. Red. Black leather. Facelift wheels.Toyo T1R. Pre-cats removed. Matts TTE style chassis brace. 2003 facelift front brace, FK lowering springs, Dev keyhole covers, tte rear grille. Tanabe G-Power Medalion exhaust, JSpec nose badge, mongo's, front strut brace. Matt perf engine rebuild May 2014.

Webby20001

Cool, thanks for the replys, I'll take a look tomorrow

mistajase

Those headsheilds are a nuisance, I've had to fix mine a few times  (different places) last year - the noise does sound horrible and freaks me every time, some people just rip them off but i prefer to repair them... they are there to protect the exhaust after all!
I did use a couple of large hose clips from B&Q for a while but I had trouble getting one round to the one underneath the manifold to stay on securely - always tended to slip after time.

Got a mechanic to spot wield them for £20 - been fine ever since  s:) :) s:)

Alex Knight

Quote from: "mistajase"they are there to protect the exhaust after all!

Nope, they are there to protect you from the exhaust.

Tags: