Lower u/v joint corroded

Started by 2 of the left, March 14, 2014, 21:36

2 of the left

Well due to the age of my 2, the lower u/v joint was causing "heavy" steering and when I got in there for an inspection, I found heavy corrosion of the joint - So it looks like I'll be on to Mr T for a replacement and get the local mechs to sort as I don't have the necessary tools for DIY - At the moment I've cleaned it up with WD40 and greased it as temp measure!!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

kopsupporter

Hi, looked into this a little while ago as mine will need replacing soon, try TCB toyota parts, they quoted me £112 delivered for new steering UJ
Silver Roadster 2002 Hard Top

2 of the left

Quote from: "kopsupporter"Hi, looked into this a little while ago as mine will need replacing soon, try TCB toyota parts, they quoted me £112 delivered for new steering UJ
Cheers for that - Sounds about right price-wise!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

adscan

Paid £85 inc delivery from Mattperformance on here. straight forward job with just basic tools. i think it took me about 40 minutes once i got access.

kopsupporter

It doesn't look that simple to me from the tutorial on here but then I am very out of practice in the ways of the mechanic!

redarrow

It only easy if you got the tools ,and
The nuts are not all rusted ,and you got the
Nuts to replace the rusted ones.

The job it self is not hard, and the manual
Tells you in step via step to make it easer
For the non mac to follow.

The part avarage around £80 ~ £120
Most ppl say they get them new but truthly
I think re manufactured

It cost in labour around £80 in london
And out of london told £45 that just to fit one.

But if there complications like nuts , rust , ect
Look at more labour( take the part with you
Or there be even more added money..
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

kopsupporter

Thanks very much, if I can get someone to do it for £50 ish labour then happy days

2 of the left

Quote from: "kopsupporter"Thanks very much, if I can get someone to do it for £50 ish labour then happy days
Labour charge should be around £30 - £50 depending on how long it takes!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: