Eliseparts Baffled Sump (2ZZ)

Started by Alex Knight, March 27, 2014, 12:35

Alex Knight

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking my first (dry weather hopefully) trackday at Castle Combe on April 28th, and I'm looking at installing a baffled sump.

I've been looking at the Eliseparts sump, as it seems the best quality (probably better than Moroso). Does anyone have any reviews? It horrendously expensive for what is essentially just an oil pan. It is a very nice, well made oil pan I grant you, but it's £474.00! I know it's cheaper than an engine rebuild, but still, oooof!

m http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... mp-toyota/ m

For reference, as B18C Honda Spoon Sports sump is nearly half the price, here:  m http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/ ... l-sump-b18 m

Anonymous

Alex I want/need one too. Mattbrown was also after one and probably a couple of other 2zz people could be talked into it. Do you think it's worth asking them about a group buy?

I've done a fair bit of reading on both the Moroso and this. By all accounts this is the better item, better fit and easier to get hold of.

There are a few comments here and there regarding poor fitment of the Moroso item, but I've found nothing similar for the Elise parts sump. Once fitted, they both seem to perform flawlessly.

You can get Moroso on eBay for a bit cheaper, but when you consider 20% import your probably talking £50 difference ...I think I'd rather have this for £50 extra.

Alex Knight

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Alex I want/need one too. Mattbrown was also after one and probably a couple of other 2zz people could be talked into it. Do you think it's worth asking them about a group buy?

I work in the Motor Trade (I work for Audi), and I've already enquired about a trade discount, which they politely declined.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

They do, however have a purchases loyalty discount structure here:  m http://www.eliseparts.com/faq#q3 m

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:  If we were to purchase x2 sumps (1% discount), the cost would be £469.26 each.

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:  If we were to purchase x3 sumps (2% discount), the cost would be £464.52 each.

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:  If we were to purchase x5 sumps (3% discount), the cost would be £459.78 each.

However, I highly doubt that they would post out 2, 3 or 5 different sumps to 2, 3 or 5 different addresses due to the increased shipping cost, but it's maybe worth asking?

I think I have decided that this is the sump for me, no matter what. Hang the expense, life is waaaay too short!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I wish it was cheaper but I think I need one too, unfortunately!  s:( :( s:(

Jiff Lemon

But doesn't a 2zz in an Elise sit at a slightly different angle?

Either way, that's a Mahoosively overpriced sump.

Two's Company

There are quite a few interested in one of these.   l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37081&p=561512&hilit=moroso#p561512 l

Alex Knight

IIRC, Steve b on here has one, with no problems.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Two's Company"There are quite a few interested in one of these.   l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37081&p=561512&hilit=moroso#p561512 l

The guy from se7en Motorsport went to ground, never replied to email and didn't even bother answering questions about MWR parts (he is a uk dealer of sorts) ... That kind of customer service doesn't get my money!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Alex Knight"IIRC, Steve b on here has one, with no problems.

Correct, said it's vital for 2zz on track. In fact I understand he went 2zz because his 1zz failed due to oil starvation!

vinp182

Surely there is someone willing to mod the standard sump for a lot less than that?

Try Sean at Hurley Race Engineering as he was going to mod my race car 1zz sump after my engine blew but the regs wont allow it
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Anonymous

Worth an email to ask I guess, thanks.

mattbrown82

Agreed. If he can get it to fit the 1zz & 2zz then it should get more interest as well.
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

Anonymous

I've sent an email via their website will let you know if / when they reply

Paul1087

@meeerrrk also interested in a 2zz sump! Keep us posted!

OldMan

Sector_111 also offers a baffled sump for the 2zz.
http://www.sector111.com/parts/newest-items/gpan.cfm
I've long lusted for this 'gPan', but cannot justify it's cost with the driving I do.
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

Anonymous

The price is better but with international shipping and then import duty I bet it's not much cheaper overall.  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Sean at Hurley race engineering emailed back to say yes they can do a baffled sump, he will contact me next week with more details as they are away racing this weekend.

I mentioned there may be a few interested parties so I'll keep this thread updated, it might be a cheaper alternative.

Paul1087

Sounds good.. definitely in if they can offer a quality solution for a reasonable price.

Its the last thing stopping me booking my first track day after the 2zz swap.. Mega keen!

Anonymous

Yeah I can imagine! Not worth the risk.

I don't know what the differences between 1zz and 2zz sumps are...if any.

To ensure the solution is suitable for both I guess they will need to see both sumps. I'm happy to supply mine as the 1zz donor .... But I'm just speculating at the moment. Have to wait and see.

I'd only go for it if it's interchangeable and suitable for 2zz too, because I'm going that route later this year and am getting a sump for my 1zz in preparation.

Anonymous

Could be interested as well but would need an oil return point.

vinp182

Pretty sure he has a 1zz sump off a spare engine I dropped off   s:) :) s:)
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Alex Knight

Have bitten the bullet and ordered one.

Will post up pics when it arrives.

Anonymous

Nice  s:) :) s:)  jealous, keep us posted on fitting etc

bluesmoke

Ooh excellent! I love it when somebody else is daft enough to spend the money to try something out for me  s:D :D s:D

Only kidding, it looks excellent, very jealous!

Anonymous

Alex, when do you expect your new sump?

I've been speaking with Sean over email, he would be happy to help. I don't suppose I can have your original 2zz sump can I...to send to Hurley for some investigation into baffling?! Cheeky I know, but I said I would try to find one.

Thanks

Tags: