Resistor fix forP0141

Started by markyp, March 29, 2014, 18:59

markyp

Why bother be honest go on ebay and get
A secoundhand desno 02 before you
Give you car a illness,

After a few days wrestling with my honesty, i have been on ebay and bought my 2 a pine air freshener to mask the smell of illness......Bodging again..

And while we would all love to have unlimited funds to restore our future classic sports cars to as new genuine (out the box) condition, the reality is different.

I am running my 2 as a fun 2nd car on a budget......and will be more than happy to fit known good replacement parts or tried and tested bodges,,,  s8) 8) s8)

Jon_G

Having just had the heater element fail on the 3rd of my lambda sensors, I must again trim back the black cables and insert a resistor to clear the DTC. Previously I have fitted 15 ohm/15 watt resistors, as this resistance is similar to that of a working sensor heater, and this wattage was reasonable using the calculation W = V squared/R (where V is taken as 15v). However - despite the oldest 'fix' successfully lasting around 4 years now - this time I would like to use a higher value resistor to reduce the power being wasted. So question is, what is the highest value resistor anyone has used to fool the ECU that the lambda heater circuit is still intact? Thanks.

Tags: