oil burning issue ? got idea on fixing this issue?

Started by Vrooom, March 31, 2014, 01:10

Vrooom

I am not sure if this 'idea' has been done before or in right place.  

we all know 1zz-fe is prone to burning the oil. There is been revisions on engine to replace the piston with larger holes.  

but

Why don't we look at 'porting' the piston's oil holes to make the oil drop into sump quicker,  instead of deposit gathering in the holes.  The holes is acting like shelf for deposit to gather on.    The holes may be need to be enlarged and smooth radius curved downward from inside holes, to make the deposits to drop off into sump.  

this may weaken the piston's casing??

What is your thought on this?

chimpman

i saw a thread about this recently on here and i think on the American site. sounds a little scary to be tampering with such a highly stressed component
2005 Chilli Red. Mods.... Pine magic tree

chimpman

...ah... here it is

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49015 l
2005 Chilli Red. Mods.... Pine magic tree

Mr X

Quote from: "chimpman"...ah... here it is

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49015 l

Yeah, I thought about it but decided as the pistons/rings are all fine and free to leave them alone! All I did was de-glaze the bores, install new rings and re-install the pistons. I think it's a case of being religious with oil changes to avoid the problem... did mine at every 3000 miles!
I finished the rebuild yesterday and just done my 2nd oil change... *crosses fingers* it's running real nice!
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Tags: