Pics of your double din stereos pls

Started by Suzz381, March 31, 2014, 10:01

Suzz381

Hello,
I'm going to buy a new double din sized stereo and was wondering if people cold post pics of units u have had fitted to your mr2's?? Wild like to see what different units look like installed   s:D :D s:D  

In particular I'm considering buying the following units:
 m http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/1 ... /page.html m

m http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165655 m

Have been quoted £498.70 for the pioneer and £270 for the alpine

Thank u in anticipation
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Anonymous

Hi, not in the Mr2, in our 350z...but I fitted the pioneer x3500dab - very similar to the one you've linked above and I can tell you it's an excellent headunit. Does everything very well and integration with Parrot etc is flawless. Highly recommended. We got it for something silly like £280 from halfords which I think is a bargain.

Suzz381

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear its worth the money if I go ahead with it
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Jiff Lemon

Not new, but nerdy:   s8) 8) s8)  

Toyota TNS-410. Has integrated tom tom unit.

Suzz381

Thanks for posting! Very neatly done, defo thinking outside the box   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Anonymous

With the reverse camera.......

Suzz381

Love it Les! Thanks for posting your pic, great job and exactly the type of unit i'm after. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost it total to install?
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

lemans

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Hi, not in the Mr2, in our 350z...but I fitted the pioneer x3500dab - very similar to the one you've linked above and I can tell you it's an excellent headunit. Does everything very well and integration with Parrot etc is flawless. Highly recommended. We got it for something silly like £280 from halfords which I think is a bargain.

Got a similar deal for my 2 on the Pioneer. Very happy with the unit and all it does.
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Suzz381"Love it Les! Thanks for posting your pic, great job and exactly the type of unit i'm after. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost it total to install?

I do all installations myself, the only outlay apart from the unit was a connector cable, cheap reverse camera, iPod connector for my iPod touch and the two outer fill in pieces you see in the picture.

Fed the Ipod lead into the top cubby, plays my movies and youtube videos quite well...... [youtube:1od0pi66]0g3gcHHriFA[/youtube:1od0pi66]

Markb

Sony WX GT90 BT.......nothing too fancy but a really good quality unit....bluetooth music streaming+ calls (comes with mic for calls)......usb....remote....changeable colour display.....was half price in Halfords @£129,think its up a tenner since i bought it in January.....fitted myself in the dark ,first time with an MR2  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  took around an hour,could easily do one now in half the time.

ayresyboy

Jiff, that is uber cool. You get it from a Yaris?
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Suzz381

Quote from: "Markb"

Sony WX GT90 BT.......nothing too fancy but a really good quality unit....bluetooth music streaming+ calls (comes with mic for calls)......usb....remote....changeable colour display.....was half price in Halfords @£129,think its up a tenner since i bought it in January.....fitted myself in the dark ,first time with an MR2  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  took around an hour,could easily do one now in half the time.

Hey that looks really neat n tidy Mark, thanks for taking the time to upload pic. Defo another one to consider   s:D :D s:D
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Markb

With the prices you quoted is that around £130 for fitting alone on the Alpine unit?........i'm sure someone on here local to you would fit it for a few beers  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Suzz381

Yeah that sounds about what they said for fitting, although they also quoted £94 for a bracket?!
Hey I wild throw in a full box of beers if someone cold fit it plus some homemade chocolate cake  :-) :-) :-)
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Suzz381

Anyone know if this wild fit? If so any ideas what other parts I wld need to buy? Want to plug it into my iphone if poss
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Mikeymead

Here's mine I fitted recently, not as expensive as some but I've been pleased with it.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Markb

Quote from: "Suzz381"Yeah that sounds about what they said for fitting, although they also quoted £94 for a bracket?!
Hey I wild throw in a full box of beers if someone cold fit it plus some homemade chocolate cake  :-) :-) :-)

If you have an original head unit the brackets from it are used,theres no need to buy any......you also use your original surround from the original unit......if you have a facelift you need to buy the side filler pieces if you look at Mickymead's and my own pic (£10-12 will buy them),pre facelift surround is a straight fit (jiff lemon's pic).All you will need is a wiring iso adaptor,£3 on ebay to around £15 from Halfords,ebay ones are fine.....tbh the fitting cost seems very pricey,i would have thought £40 would be plenty,shop around.....if you were closer i would fit it for nothing,well maybe some chocolate cake   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

tricky1138

Quote from: "Suzz381"Yeah that sounds about what they said for fitting, although they also quoted £94 for a bracket?!

I like chocolate cake!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

If you get the side pieces and the iso adapter I can fit it.   s:D :D s:D  

Just let me know when and we'll arrange something.

Have you decided which one yet?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Suzz381

Quote from: "Markb"

If you have an original head unit the brackets from it are used,theres no need to buy any......you also use your original surround from the original unit......if you have a facelift you need to buy the side filler pieces if you look at Mickymead's and my own pic (£10-12 will buy them),pre facelift surround is a straight fit (jiff lemon's pic).All you will need is a wiring iso adaptor,£3 on ebay to around £15 from Halfords,ebay ones are fine.....tbh the fitting cost seems very pricey,i would have thought £40 would be plenty,shop around.....if you were closer i would fit it for nothing,well maybe some chocolate cake   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Thanks for the advice, all great info. Once I've picked the head unit I'll post here and ask if u cold link what I need to buy pls? Otherwise I'll end up with the wrong thing!
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Suzz381

Quote from: "tricky1138"

I like chocolate cake!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

If you get the side pieces and the iso adapter I can fit it.   s:D :D s:D  

Just let me know when and we'll arrange something.

Have you decided which one yet?

Tricky, what a kind offer! Thank u so much, wild love to take u up on it at a time/place convenient for u. Gunna shop around and make a final decision re unit over the next wk or so and I'll drop u a line, thanks sooooo much   s:D :D s:D    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

Jay67

Pioneer app radio, more than happy with it so far  s:) :) s:)  (yes I know the times are different, had the battery disconnected and forgot to set the time on the radio  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  )

Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Suzz381

Jay, I think u may have just confirmed pioneer for me! Looks fantastic
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

tricky1138

Quote from: "Suzz381"Tricky, what a kind offer! Thank u so much, wild love to take u up on it at a time/place convenient for u. Gunna shop around and make a final decision re unit over the next wk or so and I'll drop u a line, thanks sooooo much   s:D :D s:D    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

That's no problem. Just give me a shout when you decide and we can arrange a mutually convenient time.

I looked at the app radios but they were just too expensive. Would love something that combined sat nav, rear view camera, ipod and phone!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

nadeemxb

Don't want to complicate the decision but I've had an AppRadio in my car for a year now and it has its pros and cons. When it works its great. When it doesn't its very annoying. Sometimes have to reconnect several times. It pops a safety warning up that has to be dismissed every time you turn it on and most of the apps are very buggy. Find myself regularly reaching for the phone to accept some sort of on screen prompt to launch an app. There's no setting to make the phone trust the AppRadio and always launch without approval on the handset. Not Pioneer's fault - bloody Apple! If you do go ahead I'd recommend fitting a microswitch to allow video playback at any time. Look on eBay - they're called "handbrake bypass switches". I actually found it easier to fit than connecting to the actual handbrake which in honesty I wasn't sure on how to do. Oh and be careful on the excess costs of getting the cabling if your phone is an iPhone with the lightning port.

Anyway, here's a pic of mine fitted:

Jay67

Quote from: "nadeemxb"If you do go ahead I'd recommend fitting a microswitch to allow video playback at any time. Look on eBay - they're called "handbrake bypass switches". I actually found it easier to fit than connecting to the actual handbrake which in honesty I wasn't sure on how to do.

all you have to do is connect the handbrake cable to ground, no need for a switch
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Tags: