Catalytic Convertor - bites the dust !!! 61,160 Miles (doh!)

Started by darrenjuggins, August 16, 2004, 12:56

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Weeks"what goes with the Celica engine?

They don't have the precats, so they don't have these issues either  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I've just checked our (TCS/Swiss Automobile Club) database and there is nothing mentioned for the Celica.

However, I do recall reading an article on the 2ZZ engine problems. I think the symptom was an excessive oil consumption due to worn or damaged piston rings and cylinder sleeves.

I believe in many cases (and this is probably also true for the MR2 engine too) the problem was caused by a very low oil level (causing temporary oil starvation when the car is turning / during lateral acceleration). Actually, I wonder how many people check the oil level regularly... I know quite a few who never check...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Not checking or changing the oil is asking for it, anyway thanks for the info. So do I understand correctly not other ZZ engine has pre cats?

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Weeks"So do I understand correctly not other ZZ engine has pre cats?

1ZZ-FE in other cars doesn't have them either...

About checking the oil...I don't know anyone who checks his oil after every 30 miles. It doesn't take even that long to burn 1l when the precats break.

Anonymous

Hey Tem,

[topic drift]
Just saw your new avatar there: man, how do you get through snow with that front spoiler?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  

Looks amazing !! Did you fit it recently?

[/topic drift]

[/img]

Tem

Quote from: "phat"Just saw your new avatar there: man, how do you get through snow with that front spoiler?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  

I don't  s;) ;) s;)  That's what winter beaters are for  s;) ;) s;)

QuoteLooks amazing !! Did you fit it recently?

Thanks  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I put it on in the middle of June or so...

<lets get back on topic though  s8) 8) s8) >

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Tem"About checking the oil...I don't know anyone who checks his oil after every 30 miles. It doesn't take even that long to burn 1l when the precats break.
I agree; my commute is a lot further than that so it would mean a stop half way to check the oil level  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: