Three point strut tower brace

Started by vincenzo, April 16, 2014, 12:40

vincenzo

I've been doing a fair bit of searching, and I've found heaps of really good stuff on mr2 bracing here!
I can't find anything on a three point front strut tower brace however. Sure the front is light, but a basic strut tower brace makes a noticeable difference, so there's got to be some custom three point braces on spyders somewhere...

Sure it would be a pain to drill holes, remove wipers, plastics, just to secure a couple of bolts and nuts, but wouldn't this be beneficial?
That steel body panel at the rear of the frunk can't be so weak that there's no point trying to bolt a three piece brace to it?

nathanMR2

Would it not be easier to brace from the bottom instead?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

vincenzo

Yeah, that would be good as well actually.

I guess the front towers are sort of braced from top to bottom since they are attached to the rear frunk panel, maybe that's the reason a three point brace isn't worth it?

nathanMR2

Seems a lot of effort to 3 point brace from the top when there are already solutions for the underside.

Ultra bracing do a few good front under braces for both prefacelift and facelift cars
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Also there the side braces to help tie it all together

vincenzo

I'll be bracing it all up from underneath, from the front to the back, i'm just a little surprised there's no three point brace available for the tops of the front towers.

You can have as much bracing as you want down low, but a basic two point strut tower top brace still makes a big difference right? This is what makes me think that a three point brace, or adding a couple of angled braces would be noticeable.

Anonymous

To be honest if you get every brace like i have, that being front upper and lower, rear upper and lower, full mid and the front side braces you can jack up the car and lift 3 wheels off the ground at once. Also the cars ability to go round the bend at mental speeds is high, so frankly you don't need more its just added weight.

jonone

have a look at prolex in the affiliate section on here they have a beatrush front tower brace that looks kike it
could be three point judging by the shape of it you could always ask the question
it will be the one I shall be getting sometime but long way down the list
for underbody bracing you cannot get better then corkies
30,000 miles 56 Reg 1E7 crystal silver TF 300 / 089     Yokohamas AD 08 Tyres Re-furbed Alloys in Satin Black, debadged rear Hard Top ON "turbocharged by Matt Performance "

vincenzo

I'm really looking forward to getting all the braces like you have rbuckingham, and yeah jonone, corkies stuff looks very tough!

I saw a few beatrush products in the affiliates section, but I couldn't find a front tower brace.
I saw the front lower brace which wasn't cross braced like corkies.

Sure a trd front tower brace is good enough... but i wouldn't mind something better....

Anonymous

Mine is all corky and it is solid but very light.

jonone

on the prolix website choose store then from left hand side column choose
Toyota tuning and styling products
then choose mrs zz30 which gives you everything they do for the mrs
choose suspension and its the first item £218.00
30,000 miles 56 Reg 1E7 crystal silver TF 300 / 089     Yokohamas AD 08 Tyres Re-furbed Alloys in Satin Black, debadged rear Hard Top ON "turbocharged by Matt Performance "

vincenzo

Found it now, hadn't been to the Prolex site before!

Their brace looks like it has the two angled links which bolt up to the rear of the frunk, but it doesn't have a straight bar running between the towers.

I might just weld one up myself, thanks anyway for all the info guys.

Tags: