My 2zz MR2

Started by Paul1087, May 3, 2014, 18:53

Paul1087

One year of ownership - some photos of how it stands now.....

2zz engine, c60 6 speed, ultimate gear shift bushings,

Tein springs, new OEM rad, new headlights from CTP,

6 speed brushed aluminium gear knob,

Paul1087

Hmmm photos not working... Hold on!

Anonymous

No pics!!

What exhaust system are you using?

Who did the engine conversion?

Paul1087

MWR manifold to OEM exhaust  - upgrade planned but not sure what I want yet.

Conversion by Andy @ Bonsai WSM.

It was either this or put money into a VX220, quite glad i've gone down this route as its saved me money and am more than happy with the performance.

Anonymous

That's cool, I've been speaking with them about doing my car for me too.
 Pics are working now.. Good work  s:) :) s:)

Paul1087

Some more updates on the car and its first track day :-

Che Lotus Exhaust
Facelift Bumper Upgrade
Clear Side Repeaters

Also hard bolted shifter cage to chassis and removed rubbers - didnt bother with the solid mounts - cant see why you need them tbh ?
Found this absolutely necessary after the track day - occasionally missing gear. Much more rifle bolt now and comes home every time.

Some pics ;-

Anonymous

Looking good, how did it perform?

Paul1087

didnt miss a beat - flat out all day, v.hot too and no overheating. Just running a stock (but new) rad.

plenty of grip on the Kumho Ecsta SPTs. could really lean on them and car was really well balanced.

definitely felt that it lacked a bit of body control in the technical part of the track, but then I have no additional bracing or stiffening apart from the teins. it was when progressively loading the car in faster corners did it feel a bit wooly. otherwise very happy  s:) :) s:)

puma2

good work done on this 2, are you happy with it all now after  laps out  s8) 8) s8)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Are you attending the toyota track day at Blyton? Looking forward to seeing some of these 2zz cars

Paul1087

Nope - not sure on what the next outing will be, although it will be something in the South. Probably Castle Coombe as my nearest,

Blyton will be a lot of fun I'm sure, but don't fancy the additional expense and journey time all the way up there from Bristol!

Anonymous

I know what you mean, I'm down in Hants but I thought it would be a good day.

I've booked brands for August 12 and will be booking this week goodwood sat 20th sept  s;) ;) s;)

Paul1087

Who is tHe TDO for Goodwood?

Quite keen for that!

Anonymous

It's direct with them. I'll find the link, I'm going to just do the afternoon (will be booking it tomorrow) full day is a whopping £350!!

Always fancied goodwood myself  s:) :) s:)

Paul1087

Small update - TD 1.2's fitted.

puma2

theses 2zz are so great they can hang out upside down due to improved power they hold  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
no wonder so many people would love one  s:) :) s:)

Paul1087

The photos are upside down?

Weird, they're showing fine on my iPad here.

Anonymous

Your not seeing the extra power then. The 2zz turned the world upside down, apart from the third pic where everything normal as the engine is off.

op pics upside down on mine too apart from the third.

Paul1087

don't know how to fix that one, !

they are all fine my end, and the site they are hosted on they are the right way up too.
must be some weird coding thing the forum is doing perhaps?

Anonymous

Pics are correct way up for me. Looking pretty nice  s:) :) s:)

Paul1087

Got out on track again this weekend at Llandow.

Car was going well but had some issues with downshifting, still using the 5 speed gear selector so sure thats not helping. But also looks like the cables/arms at the rear have a bit of play which needs looking at.

then in the afternoon session my manifold to cat gasket went in rather spectacular fashion - cue a very loud drive home to Bristol!

managed to get a ride in a brand new 911 GT3 whilst there too. A good day out!

Anonymous

Oh no, bit of a disaster! Do you know why it failed?

Pics aren't working btw

Paul1087

Not sure why it failed -haven't had a proper chance to look at it yet.

Pics fixed!

Anonymous

Pics working! Nice  s:) :) s:)

MrStev3

Was good sharing the Tarmac with you sir :-p
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Tags: