My 2zz MR2

Started by Paul1087, May 3, 2014, 18:53

Paul1087

Fun day out at Llandow last weekend.
First track time on the Federal 595 RSR's.

I was 1 second quicker than what I managed on my previous Kumhos KU31 - still for sale BTW... s;) ;) s;)  

The 595's did warm up a lot quicker, and didnt go off throughout any of the sessions. They did wear quite heavily though.

I also went up to 195 on the front which reduced understeer nicely in the slower corners.
Having had a ride out with Alex with his new Meister R's  - - I think im going to start saving up.

I also fitted a nice heavier gearknob from the GT86.

Anyone want to buy some Teins and OEM shocks soon?

Paul1087

Few more updates since last post.

Now got the Meister R 's fitted and had them set up yesterday at FCM Motorsport in Bristol. Great place for alignment for anyone down this way.

Also had the OEM celica manifold chopped and fitted to a full custom 2.5" system back to the CHE lotus backbox = result, a bit louder and more go!
Didn't do dyno runs but its very noticeable.

Now just waiting to sort another track day  s:D :D s:D  

Paul1087

Over a year since my last update!

I've done a few more little things to the car, and since my last post I've done trackdays at Bedford, Castle Combe & Silverstone.

Not much to report - the car has been running sweet as ever. Today I had a new custom cat back exhaust built at Infinity Exhausts near Bristol (my old CHE backbox had blown most of the baffles!) Over the winter I had the valve clearances done, oil change and service, fitted GT86 seats after seeing a thread on here by Culmen. They are a really nice upgrade!

Some pics !

Paul1087

can a mod please move this to readers rides too?

thanks!
paul

Hext007

How much was the exhaust Paul, think I'd like something a bit more audible than standard.

Treboeth

Quote from: "Paul1087"can a mod please move this to readers rides too?

thanks!
paul
The whole thread Paul?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Paul1087

Quote from: "Treboeth"

thanks!
paul
The whole thread Paul?

Yes please!

Paul1087

Quote from: "Hext007"How much was the exhaust Paul, think I'd like something a bit more audible than standard.

Stainless cat back was £300.

Great place, highly recommended​!

Treboeth

Quote from: "Paul1087"
Quote from: "Treboeth"

thanks!
paul
The whole thread Paul?

Yes please!
Done [emoji3]

MilesH

Do you run a sports cat?

Paul1087

Quote from: "MilesH"Do you run a sports cat?

Yes - 200 cell.

JoeCool

Can I ask what was involved in fitting the gt86 seats? I take it they're not straight swap?

Edit: I found/remembered his thread. They're great, but not for me I don't think: I can't weld and I need the seat low!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Paul1087

Quote from: "JoeCool"Can I ask what was involved in fitting the gt86 seats? I take it they're not straight swap?

Edit: I found/remembered his thread. They're great, but not for me I don't think: I can't weld and I need the seat low!

I can't weld either but found a good local guy who did it in an afternoon.

I was also searching for something that would get me a bit lower, but tbh i actually prefer the new driving position with these seats. It's only a tiny bit higher, but no worse than winding the stock seats up to their highest position i don't think. The additional comfort and support when cornering is great, plus i paid £240 for the pair and they're in really good condition.

culmen

Nice gt86 seats  s;) ;) s;)
Same as mine.
They are about 1-1,5cm higher.
I payd for mine below 200e and they are much better than stock.
In daily using and cornering.

Paul1087

Had the wheels off this morning to try and lower the rear of the car a little, turns out the C spanners for the Meister's R's are too big to fit inside the rear arches!

So instead i just took some preload off the front to try and soften it up a little, it's now much more compliant on the road which is nice.

Some more pics of the new seats.
Really liking these.

Tags: