Viet 2zz project

Started by Vietts, May 7, 2014, 10:31

markevo6

I have been contemplating supercharging mine , I think after reading this that I may have to take the plunge .

nathanMR2

Neat work  s;) ;) s;)  nice to see another supercharged 2
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Vietts

Quote from: "markevo6"I have been contemplating supercharging mine , I think after reading this that I may have to take the plunge .
Do'er! You only live once  s:D :D s:D

Vietts

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Neat work  s;) ;) s;)  nice to see another supercharged 2
Thanks. Yeh there not many around and it's nice to see something different  s:) :) s:)

Vietts

Took the car for a short blast today with the new wheel alignment setup.

The car is really responsive when your throwing it around BUT
When I get a bit more carried away and start putting my foot down a little more the car start to feel very swirly and unstable.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and put some more air onto the tyres and see if that make the different. If not then I'll need to take off some toe and make it close to 0 as much as possible?..hmmm

snap3

Did you have to modify the firewall to fit the rotrex?

Vietts

Quote from: "snap3"Did you have to modify the firewall to fit the rotrex?
Nope nothing is modified to fit the rotrex. The bracket is a straight bolt - on

Vietts

2 new toyo t1r 205/50/15 front tyres put on today. Need to put some more miles on them and go hard!. Steering wheel feel a tad more stiffer compare to the 195 (duh)

steve b

Quote from: "Vietts"new pads came through the door today  s:D :D s:D  

sound proof the rear cabin. no more ear bleeding lol. it eliminate some of the road/engine noise. Fuel pump noise is gone too

Mines rather loud inside, is that dynamat stuff really heavy never seen it in the flesh before?

p.s. Carbotech are the best I think you can find for standard calipers, but once I re-calibrated my foot so I stopped locking up these are even better  s;) ;) s;)

Would like to upgrade the rear at some point but its a bit more involved.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Vietts

This is the new dynamat and it's ALOT lighter then the old stuff that I use to have on my old track car. I use about 6/7 sheets and it's no heavier then a 1 litre water bottle... I would rather gain a bit of weight then lose my ears  s:D :D s:D

Yeh them carbotech pads are really good on stock calipers but I wish I had some more funds for the rear too. They are VERY dusty and show no mercy to your clean wheels lol. I did think about getting them k sport setup but wanted to try the stock setup first as there not too bad once refurb. Think the carbotech 6 rear will help balance the car more too

steve b

Quote from: "Vietts"This is the new dynamat and it's ALOT lighter then the old stuff that I use to have on my old track car. I use about 6/7 sheets and it's no heavier then a 1 litre water bottle... I would rather gain a bit of weight then lose my ears  s:D :D s:D

Yeh them carbotech pads are really good on stock calipers but I wish I had some more funds for the rear too. They are VERY dusty and show no mercy to your clean wheels lol. I did think about getting them k sport setup but wanted to try the stock setup first as there not too bad once refurb. Think the carbotech 6 rear will help balance the car more too

And it works well the dynamat?  Maybe I'll give it a go, I can cope with a helmet on when on track but the last trip to Snetterton and 3hrs on road each way and I decided I hated the car on road (mainly because of the noise).

I have carbotech pads on the rear still and yes very dusty.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Vietts

Quote from: "steve b"
Quote from: "Vietts"This is the new dynamat and it's ALOT lighter then the old stuff that I use to have on my old track car. I use about 6/7 sheets and it's no heavier then a 1 litre water bottle... I would rather gain a bit of weight then lose my ears  s:D :D s:D

And it works well the dynamat?  Maybe I'll give it a go, I can cope with a helmet on when on track but the last trip to Snetterton and 3hrs on road each way and I decided I hated the car on road (mainly because of the noise).

I have carbotech pads on the rear still and yes very dusty.

which model pads do you have on the rear and would you recommend it? I'm very tempted with the 6 on the rears and see how thing goes

Update

Got the wheel alignment done again today at matt smith sport cars. Great guy and really dedicated to he's job and took he's time to get it right. Will defo come back and highly recommend.

the car feel more comfortable/confident to drive but it's still missing that little something on the rear.... perhaps there too much toe? Will do another adjustment and see if it's any better soon...

Vietts

Quick update

I've done a few more miles on the fresh tyres and the handling is slowly improving. But not yet perfect to my taste.

Got these today from Lou brooks performance.

Installed

I still got the firewall side bush/mount too but I want to give the gearbox side a go first and see how it feel.

More update on it soon

Vietts

Small update

Installed my oil pressure and relocate the boost gauge  s:) :) s:)  almost ready for donny soon  s:D :D s:D

Vietts

Mange to install my carbotech 8 rear pads in the hot sunny day. I can feel the heat on my head  s:( :( s:(

Carbotech 8 compare to oem

Massive improvement. The brakes now feel solid and bites as it should.

Vietts

JAPSHOW. My first event for the mr2. Well! What can I say. I wasn't expecting to get much of a great runs as im still trying to learn the car. Everything is all new to me.
Very nice day out meeting a few new faces  s:) :) s:)  

Had 2 runs.
1st attempt - forgot to soften up the rear shocks.had a nice start of the line but a very long missed shift from 3rd to 4th gear. Still manage a nice 14.7?

2nd attempt - a bit slow of the line. Kept it nice at 7k rpm. Soften the rear suspension. BOOM! 13.2!!!! Wow!!!

Saw a carbon spoiler here today. I couldn't resist as I was planning on the apr spoiler but this one is 3rd of the price! Why not  s:D :D s:D
All installed. I'm like a kid when it come to new toy LOL

not my cup of tea but it works! Should be good for tomorrow at donny  s:) :) s:)  can't wait

Jay67

we weren't going to mention the missed gear change  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   impressive time even with that, even more so on the 2nd run, looked good too!

Can't believe you've got the spoiler on already, I only bought a sticker and haven't managed to stick it on yet!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Vietts

Hahahah I don't wait about  s:D :D s:D

Update!
Went to Donington on monday 7th just for the evening to do some testing.

Well after 3-4 laps They black flag me off due to noise at 104 db!  s:o :o s:o  I knew the car was loud on the bov side of things but didn't think it was that loud outside lol.
Handling - car handle ok with soft - medium damper. Could be more harder next time. Plenty of straight line stability. BUT the corners is begging for more camber  s:( :( s:(  that will be on my to do list.
brakes - did not missed a beat. Stayed awesome for the 3-4 laps I done.
Rotrex - works as it should. Easily controlled and hardly any wheel spin when on WOT. Love the boost climb as the rev get higher  s:) :) s:)

BOV change to recirc valve. Needed to make the car more quieter so this is the good start for me.

Here you can see the different

It has a 1" outlet

Air comes out and back into the rotrex inlet

There is a slight changes with this setup. Slightly more warmer on the charge cooler and a touch more responsive. And more happy for the ears  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Any updates on this monster?

Done any track days?

lamcote

Hi, those Lou Brooks engine mounts look interesting. Do you send your standard mounts to him to be upgraded?
Can you tell me how much they cost?
Thanks
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Vietts

After testing Lou Brooks engine mount at donny a few weeks back. The rear engine mount has started splitting apart  s:( :( s:(  got a replacement straight away hassle free from Lou himself  s:) :) s:) .. We spoke and he made a improvement to the new rev 2 version. It's much more beefier and softer compare to the previous kit he had.

I'm yet to install the mount on the firewall side. Will do that when I get some more time  s:) :) s:)  

new poly bush install on front control arms

All bush off

Cut insert ring

Ball joint removal

I gotta get the ball joint pressed out. Or if you got the Thor hammer I guess you could give it a go?

ill get the finish picture up once everything is back from powder coating.

Haven't done any more track day  s:( :( s:(  been soo busy with work and other commitments.  

I'm thinking of selling up but have not got a price in mind yet. For anyone who interested the engine done only 3k.

Lee H

As mentioned, I'm interested but no reply yet?

I'm considering purchasing a chargecooler setup for my supercharged Type R in the next week or so but would rather put the money to this if you are serious about selling.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

Vietts

New toy has arrived. More suspension parts

19 mm rear anti roll bar

Vietts

Front wishbone came back from powder coating  s:) :) s:)

bush and new ball joint all on. Looks sooooo much better

Anonymous

Are you leaving the front arb standard?

Where did you get the UR read bar from?

Tags: