Viet 2zz project

Started by Vietts, May 7, 2014, 10:31

Vietts

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Are you leaving the front arb standard?

Where did you get the your read bar from?

Hey bud

For the front I'm currently got the whiteline 22 mm bar installed and set to soft. Brought from camskills.

The rear was brought from dc performance

Anonymous

Thanks, I'd never seen the UR ones for sale I'll check it out.

mr-ed_smt

What's ball joint sockets are you putting in those wishbones Vietts, and how?
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

Vietts

Wishbone project finish! Pictures of it is above  s:) :) s:)  

Quote from: "mr-ed_smt"What's ball joint sockets are you putting in those wishbones Vietts, and how?

I use a blueprint ball joint/socket mate. You can get them from any auto store for about £18. Or you can be ghetto and find a 27mm long socket and give it a go? Ahhaha ohyeh you'll need them pressed in too  s:) :) s:)

Vietts

19mm rear ARB installed

Undo both side
5 Allen key
17 mm spanner

Then the main bracket bolts 14mm

Wiggle it out and take off the bracket from the bush as you'll be using it on your new setup

Driver side. Notice the angle of the end link?

Now do everything again in a reverse order on your new ARB

All done  s:) :) s:)  now it's play time!

Anonymous

Nice and quick providing your drop links aren't seized!

How does it feel?

Vietts

Just got back from a quick test run.... hahaha its a new drop link now as i had to cut away the old set that was on there for many many moon. Now all nuts and bolts are greased so no more trouble in the future.... hopefully

all I can say is OMfG!!! I can't believe how much it improved. The back end feel so much more sharper and less sluggish. It actually follow the front end now if you know what I mean lol. Don't know why I didnt get this before lol.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

snap3

Where did u get em?

Anonymous

To get a even better performance out of the ARB you need thicker drop links! The standard OEM are to thin and flexible .

Vietts

Hmmm thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it  s:) :) s:)

Wabbitkilla

Be wary of "upgrading" the droplinks.
The standard ones may look weedy, but they do a very good job.

The upgrade ones use pillowball  type joints which don't survive our weather or our roads well.

The main benefit of the standard droplinks is the weather proofed balljoints which rarely fail as opposed to the "upgrades".
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Vietts

Thanks for the info

My oem end link only done 3k miles so I'm just gonna use/test them until they start to give up. No point replacing them if there not broken  s;) ;) s;)

Vietts

Update

The final engine mount went in today.

Vietts

Remade my exhaust yesterday for track days. Hopefully this time round they let me stay on for longer lol

Old set up
2.5 inch all the way ( no cat )
98 - 102 DB

New setup ( custom made massive silencer box )
2.5 inch decat
2.25 inch pipe
2.25 inch silencer insert
Smaller oval tail pipe

on normal drive it's very subtle. Nice deep humble. LIFT is a different note lol. You really hear it open up. Will try and get a short video clip once I get my charge pipe back

Vietts

Installed my front lower control arms yesterday. Everything went smoothly until one of the the driver side 17 mm bolt snap off! Now that was fun taking out.... all in it took me about 4 hours to do the both side.

Here she is all done

Took it for a short blast straight after but it do need another wheel alignment again. So far turn-in is alot more responsive compare to the knackered oem bush I had on there. It feel like a giant gokart  s:D :D s:D  can't wait to bring it on track next year

Vietts

Got my wheel alignment done today by Tyres Shop in Chingford London

5 stars services! They even got a Xbox in the waiting room! Fun while you wait can't get any better. I will defo be recommending this place to everyone who is serious about handling.
upon arrival they got me on the ramp straight away as promised

Before and after

This time round I wanted more camber for better cornering speed.

I would like to say a massive thanks for Barry and Gary at Tyres Shop for the awesome job they have done.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Vietts

Small update

I just placed an order for my half rear cage from Protection & Performance. Can't wait til this badboi arrive. Will update more when she come

Sadlebag

Is this the engine out your old yellow 7 or have I got the completly wrong person?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Vietts"Small update

I just placed an order for my half rear cage from Protection & Performance. Can't wait til this badboi arrive. Will update more when she come

Nice one, black? Still waiting to get mine fitted

Vietts

Quote from: "Sadlebag"Is this the engine out your old yellow 7 or have I got the completly wrong person?
Hello buddy! Long time. Sadly no   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  the beast is in my kitchen looking pretty lol

Vietts

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"

Yes black. I don't want anything too in your face lol have you already book in with someone to get the feet welded?

IO2

Hi veitt

Is that tyre shop any good? I go pass chingford everyday to work and soon will need my alignment done once Ive upgrade my suspension setup

Anonymous

Quote from: "Vietts"
Quote from: "Meeerrrk"

Yes black. I don't want anything too in your face lol have you already book in with someone to get the feet welded?

One of my mates has offered to but he is busy setting up a new business so it won't be for a while, I'm in no rush though

Sadlebag

So you have two 2zz engines... Well that's just greedy! I've been looking into the half cages to as they provide a good base for harnesses! Think I did see you at the pod last year, I have a pic on my laptop which I'll upload for you when I get back home!

Sadlebag

Tags: