Roadster Project

Started by vinp182, May 15, 2014, 10:58

vinp182

Quote from: "4dvti"
Quote from: "vinp182"Lol. That Starlet isn't mine it belongs to Nathan who owns Mrtwos.... Doesn't look like much at the moment but he's doing a full resto on it, and putting a very special rare engine in it  s:) :) s:)

Mine passed its mot.... Obviously the 13 miles in between mot's didn't take its toll on anything   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oh, and I think that thing on the roof is a rear diffuser off something

What do you intend to do for wiring and ecu, Vin? In for more updates   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

I plan to run both ecu's together at first and go from there   s:) :) s:)   I don't have any more updates yet   s:( :( s:(
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

4dvti

Quote from: "vinp182"
Quote from: "vinp182"Lol. That Starlet isn't mine it belongs to Nathan who owns Mrtwos.... Doesn't look like much at the moment but he's doing a full resto on it, and putting a very special rare engine in it  s:) :) s:)

Mine passed its mot.... Obviously the 13 miles in between mot's didn't take its toll on anything   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oh, and I think that thing on the roof is a rear diffuser off something

What do you intend to do for wiring and ecu, Vin? In for more updates   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

I plan to run both ecu's together at first and go from there   s:) :) s:)   I don't have any more updates yet   s:( :( s:(

Thought about that at some point myself but decided against it. I'm running a Hybrid Racing universal conversion harness. The temp gauge doesn't work but I use my Hondata Ap for that or an obd1 reader inked to an android device. People have done the wiring for this swap in a number of ways. You just have to find one that'll work out easiest for you.
190whp/143wtq & 12.7s 1/4 mile- naturally aspirated on r888s.

4dvti

Quote from: "MilesH"
Quote from: "MilesH"Bit of motivation for you mate!  s;) ;) s;)

Is that yours? Looks sweet  s:) :) s:)  Mine is no where near as clean as that lol

Trust me, the picture does it much justice and a refurbed cam cover hides a hundred sins  s:) :) s:)

The space that I rent is right next to harvested fields and the crop dust never stops when the wind picks up!

I should do a build thread at some stage, as it has been a real up and down year with getting it out and running, but I'm getting there!

Oh, a refurbed cover does make a whole lot of difference! I will be pulling the motor out next year for phase 2. I may just paint it if I have time and put a silver rocker cover on from a 2l non type r or k24 for that stock look.

I look forward to your build thread mate  s:) :) s:)

vinp182

Just ordered a few bits   s:) :) s:)  

Innovative engine mounts
Innovative shifter mechanism
Custom drive shafts
P&P wiring harness

Getting a price for a timing belt kit tomorrow from Honda, then it will be off to Mrtwos for that to be done while I'm waiting for the above bits to arrive.... Along with a nice bill for import tax   s:( :( s:(
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

Lee H

Quote from: "vinp182"Just ordered a few bits   s:) :) s:)  

Innovative engine mounts
Innovative shifter mechanism
Custom drive shafts
P&P wiring harness

Getting a price for a timing belt kit tomorrow from Honda, then it will be off to Mrtwos for that to be done while I'm waiting for the above bits to arrive.... Along with a nice bill for import tax   s:( :( s:(

Try Tegiwa for timing chain parts, genuine Honda parts at much better prices.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

vinp182

Cheers dude, will do   s:D :D s:D
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

4dvti

Tegiwa and Jap Service Parts, or H-Tune even. You can use either for Honda parts.

What are you doing for the exhaust header?

vinp182

Cheers dude I'll have a look at those too   s:) :) s:)  

I'm not fully decided on header yet, I'm going to get the engine in place first and maybe see if I can mod the original one to fit... Failing that I may just get a flange and make something but I'm a fair way off that stage yet anyway
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

MilesH

I looked at a cheaper option first before getting an over the top manifold made, and after a bit of research I was planning to buy a Japspeed EP3 s/s manifold (recommended by the EP3 community) and modify to fit. The prices seemed reasonable (£150 ish from memory). If you're happy with a welder it's definitely do able  s:) :) s:)

I've seen noticeable gains from the standard to even a relatively cheap 2.5 inch s/s one, the standard one really strangles it!

4dvti

An oem ep3 header won't fit and neither is it worth the hassle of reworking it. Make sure you get a large silencer or two smaller ones. The car will be very loud otherwise and probably restrict you from ever getting onto a track.

My exhaust was made by a friend and ex-colleague in Birmingham. He didn't charge much for the labour once I'd got the raw material for him and told him how I wanted it. We also used a K swap header (meant for a Honda to Honda swap) and fabricated it.

This is a sound clip with a relatively small, straight-through Magnaflow silencer:

m http://vid372.photobucket.com/albums/oo ... bng2qg.mp4 m

vinp182

Something like this? I was looking at these the other day

1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

MilesH

Yes that's the sort. Or something like the below:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160818927946 m

4dvti

I used one like that, but thankfully the secondaries were short on it to begin with, so they required hardly any modification. It did require the sub-frame to be trimmed though, albeit superficially.

The Japspeed header above would probably work as well; I've seen similar headers used in 2zzge swaps on this forum.

Dasilva

The exhaust on mine does sit a little on the low side but other than that the PPE mainfold works well.
To be honest though its going to be cheaper to make up this side of the pond.

4dvti

Quote from: "Dasilva"The exhaust on mine does sit a little on the low side but other than that the PPE mainfold works well.
To be honest though its going to be cheaper to make up this side of the pond.

Asides from the cost, perhaps, that lloks like a pretty neat system. I can't imagine it being too loud either.

vinp182

My swap parts from MWR have arrived and the lovely man from UPS has raped me for import tax   s:( :( s:(  

Also my timing chain kit has arrived from Tegiwa so I can pretty much get cracking after JAE   s:D :D s:D

Ade (mr2bitz) is supplying me with a new clutch too and I'm thinking about throwing in a Fidanza flywheel while I'm at it  :th:
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

Sadlebag

what stand are you on at jae?

vinp182

Quote from: "Sadlebag"what stand are you on at jae?

Mr2oc dude
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

hamspeed

Quote from: "vinp182"My swap parts from MWR have arrived and the lovely man from UPS has raped me for import tax   s:( :( s:(
Frustrating isn't it, occasionally they can slip through the net if you're lucky..!
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

Sadlebag

Mr2oc dude

I'll come say hello, ill be on the celica club stand.

MilesH

Quote from: "vinp182"Ade (mr2bitz) is supplying me with a new clutch too and I'm thinking about throwing in a Fidanza flywheel while I'm at it  :th:

Is that the lightweight Fidanza you are considering?

Definitely made a difference over the standard and I'd say worthwhile (no vibration at all and definitely frees up the revs nicely). Worth considering the Clockwise version as that is the lightest of the lot and I think similarily priced.

vinp182

Quote from: "Sadlebag"

Mr2oc dude

I'll come say hello, ill be on the celica club stand.

Nice 1   s:) :) s:)  

Quote from: "MilesH"
Quote from: "vinp182"Ade (mr2bitz) is supplying me with a new clutch too and I'm thinking about throwing in a Fidanza flywheel while I'm at it  :th:

Is that the lightweight Fidanza you are considering?

Definitely made a difference over the standard and I'd say worthwhile (no vibration at all and definitely frees up the revs nicely). Worth considering the Clockwise version as that is the lightest of the lot and I think similarily priced.

I'll look into that one, cheers dude  s:) :) s:)
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

vinp182

We've had the 2 chrome hard top brackets painted for a sample of colour which looks great, so this little lot is off to the painters today   s:D :D s:D  

1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

Anonymous

Give us a clue!!

StuC

Needs to be a contrast to black so...

I am thinking Lime Green or Hot Pink!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: