17" tyre pressures - advice

Started by HughG, May 20, 2014, 08:52

HughG

I bought a 2004 MR2 for my wife and couple of weeks ago and am gradually sorting a few bits out on it, this forum has been a great help.

It came with 17" Oz alloys which suit the car really well. It is shod with 205/50 R17 on the front and 215/45 R17 on the rear, pressures are currently at 28psi front and 30psi rear.

I will play around with the pressures to find what works for these types, but does that sound like a decent starting point to anyone who's had 17s before?

Thabks
Hugh

Wabbitkilla

What make and model tyres are they?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

StuC

Just as an aside...

Interesting tyre size you have on the front there. The rolling radius is larger than it should be. Ideally on a 205/17 the profile should be 40 not 50.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

roger

On my 17's I run 28 & 32, though TBH a lb or two either way doesn't seem to matter for run of the mill driving.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

HughG

Sorry for the slow reply.
The front are 205/40s, got that one wrong sorry.
Fronts are Michelin Pilot Exaltos
Rears are a make I've never heard of, they seem ok in the dry but yet to try it in the wet!

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuC"Just as an aside...

Interesting tyre size you have on the front there. The rolling radius is larger than it should be. Ideally on a 205/17 the profile should be 40 not 50.

im 50 at the front but 225/45 on the rear

StuC

What made you go 50 at the front Rich?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: