Seat Bolt Thread Size

Started by Alex Knight, May 21, 2014, 09:55

Alex Knight

Hi all,

Now that I have some lovely Recaro seats, and also some virtually impossible to source ZZW30 Recaro subframes, I would like to make them secure.

I have, believe it or not had some Recaros stolen from my old DC2 Integra before.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

To this end, does anyone know the thread pitch and size of the seat bolts? I am going to install some security bolts.

Anonymous

Seat to floor? If so m10 fine thread

Alex Knight

Yes chap, seat to floor.

Thanks for the info.  s:) :) s:)

jinxedkitten

Attaching seats to floor, can you just do it from the interior or do you have to jack up and have access to the exterior?
Found a bolt sheared on one of mine!
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Anonymous

All from the inside.

A bolt sheard? Jesus they are big bolts...must have got cross up and mashed the thread

jinxedkitten

I noticed when hooverong in prep for ding day, last time I hoovered was a month ago and I'm sure it was fine then.
Not entirely sure how to get the old bolt out. May be a garage job as I won't have the right tools.
The end looks pretty rusty, so maybe corroded partway, then snapped as it was weakened.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

mrzwei

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"I noticed when hooverong in prep for ding day, last time I hoovered was a month ago and I'm sure it was fine then.
Not entirely sure how to get the old bolt out. May be a garage job as I won't have the right tools.
The end looks pretty rusty, so maybe corroded partway, then snapped as it was weakened.

You definitely need to get that sorted.

I got 'Nearside passenger seat insecure (6.2.A1)' at my last Z3 MOT, which is a fail.

I'd taken the seat out to try to fix an airbag light problem and must have got a load of dirt in the thread. It seemed tight but wasn't. I thought nothing of it until after the test when the guy pushed one corner of the seat and it tilted significantly. Worth trying that because if the seat doesn't move then it wont fail but for safety etc. etc.

My nickname for the tester is now Sherlock!   s:D :D s:D   That bit was an easy and cheap fix.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: