Which Oil?

Started by Suzz381, May 24, 2014, 10:12

Suzz381

When I bought mr 2 it didn't come with a manual. Just checked dip stick and oil is fairly low, anyone know which oil I need to buy?? Haven't a clue

2006 mr2  :-) :-) :-)
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

tricky1138

Hi,

I've just ordered some Fuchs Supersync 5-40 fully synthetic oil from oilman on here.

w www.opieoils.co.uk w  

They've got a sale on this weekend if you use code TENNER at checkout you'll get a tenner off!   s:D :D s:D  

Actual spec is 5-30 fully synthetic but many use 5-40 as it helps with oil burning.

Get it topped up as soon as possible and keep a close eye on the dipstick as an engine burning oil can be fatal.

Yours being to 2006 model shouldn't be bad tho as it has all the latest revisions to prevent that.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Anonymous

Agree, As said 5-30 fully synth but when you do your first service, get some Fuchs supersync from opie oils. Great oil!

Suzz381

Thanks guys, popped into halfords and got 5-30 castrol fully synth
As level was so low didn't want to wait for delivery from Opie. However, I'll order some of the above to keep in the garage for the next service-especially given the voucher code  s;-) ;-) s;-)
2001 Silver MR2
2006 Black TF127

SteveMK3

Which of the Fuchs supersync is the one to go for as they have two 5w-30 listed, one for Ford and one for GM?

Markb

Is fully synthetic the actual spec oil?.........I could be wrong but is Toyota oil not semi/part synthetic 5w-30 (as sold by CTP for the 2)

Ardent

you could also use genuine toyota oil and save yourself a few bob.
Depending on which exotic oil you are thinking of using,  you could buy 2 x 5 litre Mr T and change it twice as often.
Bought 2x5 myself from Mr T £36 inc vat.
Just a thought.

Ardent

Markb
You are correct.

Tags: