che lotus

Started by peteyb, June 10, 2014, 14:43

peteyb

afternoon all!!! been reading through the forums, just a real easy question, if i buy a che lotus twin centre exit do i need to buy down pipe/manifold?? or can it just be bolted onto the exsiting??? i like the grumbley idle and from what i gather it has a nice gurgley over run when off the thottle  s:) :) s:)   cheers people!!

Anonymous

Direct replacement for the standard back box.

Topspeed auto have them in stock now  s:D :D s:D

peteyb

cheers and thanks  s:) :) s:)  its all i needed to know  s:) :) s:)  didnt want that feelin of buying, then going to fit and going  sbollox bollox sbollox , i need something else lol

Paul1087

Are there any UK distributors or stockists for these?

Adding shipping on to the top speed store price makes it more than double the price. Thats not even including the taxes!

andyroo104

There is one currently listed on eBay for £395 buy it now with free postage and located in the UK.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Works out much cheaper (almost half)! To buy direct from topspeed auto

Paul1087

@meeeerk. Are u sure? I am about to pull the trigger on the ebay one.
But once u add in shipping and taxes from ordering from topspeed it works out more than £400?!

Unless ive missed something?

mr-ed_smt

Message him and ask for his best price shipped to uk, say you're a MR2ROC number. It will work out about £225 delivered.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Paul1087"@meeeerk. Are u sure? I am about to pull the trigger on the ebay one.
But once u add in shipping and taxes from ordering from topspeed it works out more than £400?!

Unless ive missed something?

I've spoken to George at top speed auto directly, he's a helpful guy. It works out about £250 including uk duty. You have to email them for a price on shipping, they are very helpful though.

You pay the uk duty on the GBP value of the exhaust, not the shipping cost.

martin_b

I'm interested in one of these as well, can someone post a link to topspeed? ( Is the the US one?)
"Anyone who is not shocked by the quantum theory has not understood it."  Neils Bohr.. Attributed

Anonymous

m http://www.ebay.com/itm/371058669858 m  

Message them and tell them your from here and would like best price for the exhaust and shipping to uk

Paul1087

c

Anonymous

I think they are all made in the same factory in china. The guy from topspeed told me theirs is made by china so it's probably the same - if not, very small difference. Someone on here did order one of those and recommended them to me.

tomaky

I think come december time when i will swap insurance and be able to declare mods i will be going for this or a secondhand tte if one ever turns up.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

shiny

Just been speaking to Topspeed Auto they have them in stock,
£250 Shipped (UK) but the cannisters are full of fibreglass mat,stainless steel
maffle mat and some kind of mesh! I nearly bought one but changed my mind
at the last minute.

Anonymous

Considering half of the price is shipping, what do you expect for £125?!

mr-ed_smt

Does anybody have any experience of this exhaust on a track focus car? Would it cause me any problems noise-wise?
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

andyroo104

I have one fitted to my car and although they sound great they are not excessively noisy,so cannot see there being a problem with them on track.

StuC

Have you had your dB's measured Andy?  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

andyroo104

Never had them measured but I have a few friends with track day cars that are louder.
Although I am getting old and slightly deaf.  s:-( :-( s:-(

StuC

What is the limit of the place/s you use then?

Anonymous

Someone on here measured it for me as I was going to get one, I can't remember the figures but it was safely in, about 94db I think

StuC

Quote from: "Ekona"Is your car too loud for track? Worried if that new exhaust will be too loud for your other half to live with? Just want to show off? This is a list of a few cars with varying different set-ups and how loud they are on a static noise test performed 1m from the exhaust at a 45 degree angle at 3/4rpm (or 4500rpm in the case of the Roadster)

NOTE: Most trackday companies now measure just 0.5m from your exhaust, however I can confirm (at least, with the VXR) that this makes very little difference to the end result: My volume went up by <1dB, which is neither here nor there really as you could be louder by that amount simply by having a warm exhaust compared to a cold one. Don't take these as 100% yes-you-will-pass-a-noise-test, but instead use them as a guide. MR2-ROC take no responsibility if you book a track day and then fail the static test on the day!

RT Biscuit H&S exhaust 90db
Spit C2 turbo kit (rev1), C2 exhaust (rev1) 93db
SimonP TTE exhaust 91db
Leggy Custom twin exhaust 92db
FGRob Blue Flame exhaust, Che exhaust manifold 91db
Roger No pre-cats. H&S exhaust 91db
TommyDStock 91db
Heathstimpson   No pre-cats, H&S exhaust               90db
Loadsawine PE turbo kit, decat pipe, TTE exhaust 93db
Chris Remus exhaust 89db
Chris Remus exhaust, Che exhaust manifold 93dB
Gazz TTE turbo kit, TTE exhaust 92db
Bossman TTE turbo kit, stock exhaust 91db
Markiii Hass Stage 2 turbo kit, custom twin exhaust 92db
Kanujunkie C2 turbo Kit (rev2), C2 exhaust (rev2) with modified side exit 91db
Philster D C2 turbo Kit (rev2) C2 exhaust (rev2) 94db
Turbo Steve Hass Stage 2 turbo kit, Hass single exit exhaust 97db
ChrisGB PPE manifold, PPE cat, Che exhaust 94dB
Slacey Hass Stage 2 turbo, Hass twin exit exhaust 97dB
Bongo No pre-cats 91dB
mph PE turbo kit, custom exhaust 88
Ekona TTE exhaust, Markiii elbow, TRD filter 88dB
Filcee Stock, 87dB
Coley Magnex twin exhaust, A'Pexi intake 87dB
Wabbitkilla Janspeed centre twin, Che Mani, Markiii elbow, Blitz LM panel filter 93.8dB

This is what I had in my mind as a reference. Was a PITA to find though, memory sucks!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
ChrisGB on that list is showing a Che backbox @ 94dB, with PPE bits ahead of it.

Taken from here

andyroo104

I thought that most tracks had a 98db limit,if so then all of those listed are acceptable.

mr-ed_smt

Mines measures 96db several times with a Che manifold and Remus back box - was worried about the Che being louder than the Remus. Hopefully should be ok. Thanks for your replies.

Tags: