che lotus

Started by peteyb, June 10, 2014, 14:43

shiny

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Considering half of the price is shipping, what do you expect for £125?!

Considering the engines at the back its only half a system! 70 pounds shipping.

Anonymous

Try telling that to all other manufactures who charge ~£400 for just the back box! Unbelievable!

redcarblackhorse

the che is loud when you rev it but when holding at steady revs it is not that loud at all. I did measure it for Meeerrk and it was 88db at steady RPM.
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

redcarblackhorse

I also got mine from top speed autos a few years ago. Tell them you're from the club and ask them to do a special invoice for shipping. My invoice was for USD100 so import duty was about £20.
In the end mine was about £200 cheaper than getting a Cobra
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Anonymous

I asked about an invoice for lower uk duty;

They are willing todo it but it carries some risk. If the item gets damaged or lost, the insurance covers the customs value, so if it's only marked as £100, that's all you'd be covered for.

If you look at it like an insurance risk, it's up to you how much you want to cover should the worst happen

Paul1087

Well I ordered one for my 2zz. Should be here in a week or so.

Will post up more when its here.

tomaky

Happydays  s:) :) s:)  thinking this is my fall back tbh.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Escy

Is there much of a weight saving with this system?

Anonymous

I would have thought so...the std rear box is a beast

Escy

Are there any performance gains to be had from it? (mines running a 2zz)

Anonymous

Who knows...the manufacturer / seller claims so. In reality I would think so, over the std box

Paul1087

Will have mine fitted this week on my 2zz, will report back bum dyno numbers shortly!

Wabbitkilla

Much lighter than standard, much freer flowing than standard, much louder than standard, a 2zz should have full reign to screen its song through it.
Performances gains are impossible to estimate, the only way to know is to fit and measure / map according to your setup and other modifications.
But ..... It has to be better than standard   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Paul1087

Is there a how to on the fitting for these?

Having an absolute nightmare getting it to
Line up with the cat pipe?

It fouls and i cant see anyway of getting it to all go together?

Help please - pics if u got em!

Paul1087

Finally got it fitted, Although it was not easy. The bumper had to be cut, no way it would have gone on otherwise, the hanging brackets could not have been fabricated correctly and some very persuasive fitting was needed.

Topspeed - good customer service and sent some goodwill my way due to the problems I had fitting.

First impressions - Sounds great, not too loud or boomy. Still quiet when cruising. Bum dyno definitely reporting an improvement performance wise. Nothing earth shattering but it is noticeably quicker when it hits lift.

All in all - recommended. But dont expect it to go on easy!

Anonymous

100% the best looking mr2 exhaust! Good work for sticking with it

tomaky

You sir are wrong! its the postert!
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

martin_b

HI,

I'm just about to order one of these from Topspeed.

Do you think every installation will need to include cutting the rear bumper, or were you just unlucky?
"Anyone who is not shocked by the quantum theory has not understood it."  Neils Bohr.. Attributed

Anonymous

I'm pretty certain all will need to cut the bumper, I assumed that was common knowledge

Anonymous

Quote from: "tomaky"You sir are wrong! its the postert!

Not a huge fan of the twin exit (1 each side)

tomaky

Sunk into the bumper it looks the business. LUSH
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Paul1087

Quote from: "martin_b"HI,

Do you think every installation will need to include cutting the rear bumper, or were you just unlucky?

My set up is 2zz, MWR manifold to stock downpipe and Cat, to the Che Lotus Catback.

I think every set up would require some bumper fettling. Which for ease of installation is not ideal - but it does look a lot better and more OEM.

mr-ed_smt

Looks fantastic cut into the bumper - way better like that. Definitely ordering one of these now.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "martin_b"HI,

yep the bumper will defo need cutting but all worth it in my opinion great exhaust, a few pics of mine taken last year before I came off the road for a complete build

hard to get perfectly in the centre too but after we dropped it on the ground we lined it up ok

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

andyroo104

Mine was fitted by the previous owner and the bumper was not cut,only the nappy was cut.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags: