My 2001 Silver MR2 - Mr Stev3's track day now sprint roadster

Started by MrStev3, June 20, 2014, 10:21

MilesH

Quote from: "Hybrids"
Quote from: "MrStev3"Added pembrey circuit to march so after my other halfs birthday this weekend coming I'll crack on

My second favourite track, often overlooked by drivers due it's location but it's a must.

I agree, I was hoping we'd be racing their this year, but I guess a trip to Anglesey will have to do (also a great circuit imo).

Hybrids

Quote from: "MilesH"a trip to Anglesey will have to do (also a great circuit imo).

Oh yes, the run up to Rocket and the Corkscrew, brilliant.

tomaky

Crofts on my list purely because its not that far away.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

MrStev3

For those who don't know what it's like

Should be good for the roadster except the high speed section on straight
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Hybrids

Off the Brooklands Hairpin is a bit slow, but then you are flat until Honda, scrub a bit of speed and fly down to hatches.

My last outing there was in the Mirage:
http://youtu.be/3hOP8WDML3k

How not to go flat through the kink at Woodlands (he rejoined with no damage)
 m http://youtu.be/SFKHSTj7W_M m

MrStev3

Quote from: "Hybrids"Off the Brooklands Hairpin is a bit slow, but then you are flat until Honda, scrub a bit of speed and fly down to hatches.

That swift had a hell of a tank slapper going on.
I enjoyed that video, gives me an idea of it  :-) :-) :-)

Thanks dude I can't wait now
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

tomaky

Hahahah thats funny as hell, he had basically saved it aswell.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

tommyzoom99

Looks like a good circuit from the video and what I seen on btcc,I defo need to get to some other tracks this year,

How's the new strut braces stev3?

Cheers.tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

MrStev3

The front feels a little bit tighter, I took it for a blat to Bridgend Saturday some good miles then some country lanes to see how she was and could notice a little difference but I'm sure the front strut is in need of change on the passenger side.
Next week I'll be ordering a few bits.
Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hybrids"Off the Brooklands Hairpin is a bit slow, but then you are flat until Honda, scrub a bit of speed and fly down to hatches.

Looks like a nice track. Really want to try Anglesey but is sooo far away!

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "MrStev3"The front feels a little bit tighter, I took it for a blat to Bridgend Saturday some good miles then some country lanes to see how she was and could notice a little difference but I'm sure the front strut is in need of change on the passenger side.
Next week I'll be ordering a few bits.

nice 1 mate think im gonna have to get some sort of brace for the front,

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

MrStev3

Try a guy called gt-4 play

He gave me great ultra prices but after I'd already bought  s:-( :-( s:-(
Mitsuko the mr2

MrStev3

So pembrey is all paid for now can't wait

I've ordered two new front kyb shocks as one side needs changing and best to do it in pairs.
Plus I don't really have £640 spare for coilovers right now maybe next year.

Ordered an ultra racing lower rear brace from gt-4 play do it the easy way, cheapest price I found .

And my bushes are starting to come in the post

Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

Which bushes have you ordered?

MrStev3

Super pro ones as I see then come up in a deal price as I'm gonna need them aventually  :-) :-) :-)

Arb to body bushes also
Mitsuko the mr2

Mark A

Quote from: "MrStev3"I've ordered two new front kyb shocks as one side needs changing and best to do it in pairs.
Plus I don't really have £640 spare for coilovers right now maybe next year.

How much did you get the KYBs for? and which supplier?

MrStev3

£66.60 ea for front £6 postage

From click 4 car parts found on eBay
 Rears are £52
Mitsuko the mr2

Mark A

Cheers for the heads up, saved £40 odd compared to Camskills

MrStev3

Quote from: "Mark A"Cheers for the heads up, saved £40 odd compared to Camskills

Nobody could match the price so hopefully the right parts turn up. I checked they were in stock before ordering so expecting them tomorrow
If the rain holds off I might be able to do some more stuff to the car
Mitsuko the mr2

MrStev3

Well they came so good price and prompt delivery I can't complain
I shall get em on Sunday hopefully
Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

Bit of a bargain really. I think they will make a difference! Tein springs?

MrStev3

Had teins on her from the beginning of my build so Ofcourse  :-) :-) :-)
Next year I'll get coilovers but with limited time til pembrey and a bust shock it was the logical thing to do.
Love this little car
Mitsuko the mr2

MrStev3

Two and a bit weeks to go and I'm procrastinating   s:? :? s:?  

Need to fit lots of bits but instead I'm looking at evos and parts for the Subaru

6/10 for effort right now haha could do better.

Made the mistake if clicking on mlr by accident
Mitsuko the mr2

MrStev3

so I knew the shocks were fubared, I probably should of done this earlier

Spring top cups were ruined

Nice and new ready for pembrey

Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

Good work, all finished? Alignment done?

Tags: