rear heated window wires.... help

Started by Anonymous, September 2, 2004, 16:10

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I'ts a while since I did this so bare with me...

Open the driver's door, pop the couple of pins off on the top that hold the plastic that the seat belt goes into....( you'd better pull the bottom door cill off as well.)

Pull off the  side plastic that the seat belt goes into. From memory there are two hidden holding thingys that just pull off! The plastic will not come fully away as the seatbelt goes through it.

Just behind the pastic you should see the connectors, again from memory the extention for the hardtop plugs into the connection.

Hope this helps..

By the way, have a great Chritmas and a superb New Year...........enjoy your 2!!

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Ok, it is a seperate wire for the hardtop. So remove the panel inside the drivers side storage bin and unplug the soft top wire connector, feel around and you will find a little hole for plugging this into for storage. If you can see a second wire, this is the hardtop wire, plug one end into the connector block you took the soft top block out of, the other end goes into the connector on the actual hard top pictured above. If you cannot find one end it is very probably trapped in the soft top mechanisim, remove the hard top and raise the soft top to find it.

Tem

Just for the record, if you don't have that wire (or happened to lose it, like I did  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ), you can run any wire to connect them. I found that these small sized Abikos meant for speakers were a perfect fit:

And since the heater is basically just a resistor, it doesn't even matter which way you wire it.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: