oxygen sensor/ lambda sensor

Started by zxr400, July 30, 2014, 10:13

zxr400

My lambda sensor has failed. I have tried cleaning it but it still showing as faulty on the dash. Has anyone tried Haas lambda sensors
as they are only £45 at Europarts and in the photo they show a connector so I wont have to cut any wires. They said it has 1 years warranty
as well.

StuC

Which one has gone? there are 3 on UK cars and 2 on jap imports?

Best place to get them from is sparkplugs.co.uk as you can get the proper Denso ones. I'll point you in the right direction when you let me know which one you need. BTW, what was the error code you got in the diagnosis?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

zxr400

My mr2 is a uk version. The error code is PO155 which I believe is the front left sensor with the short lead.Thanks for the help

StuC

Sparkplugs.co.uk ref DOX 0204

linky

zxr400

Just looked at site is it okay to use denso universal sensor and cut my own wire or would you not advice this

StuC

Denso is the OE for the MR2. The sensor is universal, it's the lead length that changes.
The sensor will come with a fly lead to match the engine installation. No cutting will be required.

Ardent

What StuC said.

Pay the extra 20 quid and get the proper OEM one. You will more than save the 20 quid in time not messing about cutting, splicing and joining.
Unclip-unscrew old one. Screw in and reclip new one job done.

normanh

You cant fault the service from Sparkplugs Co Uk, changed mine a few months back on a PO155.

Norman

shiny

Quote from: "zxr400"My lambda sensor has failed. I have tried cleaning it but it still showing as faulty on the dash. Has anyone tried Haas lambda sensors
as they are only £45 at Europarts and in the photo they show a connector so I wont have to cut any wires. They said it has 1 years warranty
as well.

Just changed one of mine with a Hass from Eurocarparts nothing wrong here.  s:D :D s:D

zxr400

How long have you had the haas sensor fitted for and does it  come with the connector or do you have to cut the wires

shiny

Quote from: "zxr400"How long have you had the haas sensor fitted for and does it  come with the connector or do you have to cut the wires
Done around 100 miles so far no problems and yes comes with the connector.

stupink

ECP cheapies worked well on my turbo for at least 400miles before i cut it off for essentially no apparent reason... (long story)
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: