0-60 times

Started by Anonymous, July 21, 2003, 15:32

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "mph"If you swap the tyres from Yaris and MR2, Yaris will brake a lot better...

Maybe so, but it still wont stop as fast as a McF1    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I know I got stitched on the front tyres, it's the sort of cheap replacement I'd expect from a dealer.  I'm just going to have to do my best to wear them down quickly so I can get them replaced - trying to reach 1G's round corners ought to do it.

I'm sure there is another topic on this site about recommended tyres so I won't go into all that here.

Mike.

Anonymous

Quote from: "yorkie"I know I got stitched on the front tyres, it's the sort of cheap replacement I'd expect from a dealer.  I'm just going to have to do my best to wear them down quickly so I can get them replaced - trying to reach 1G's round corners ought to do it.

I'm sure there is another topic on this site about recommended tyres so I won't go into all that here.

Mike.

Hell no, your driving a Mid Engine sports car, I'd replace them now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "yorkie"I know I got stitched on the front tyres, it's the sort of cheap replacement I'd expect from a dealer.  I'm just going to have to do my best to wear them down quickly so I can get them replaced - trying to reach 1G's round corners ought to do it.

Mike.

We have Bridgestone Potenzas all round, and have found them fine so far...although drive like my gran in the wet!.

If you got this car from a Dealer I would go back to him and get them to put either Potenza's or Yoko's on as this is the standard equipment on the MR2 from Toyota.  Surely they are puting your life in danger by putting such crap on your wheels!

Anonymous

Although I got the car from a dealer it was a 2000 model and just over 3 years old.  I was given the customary 1 years extended warranty.

Do you think I should argue that I expected Yoko's or whatever on the front and not the crap they have put on here.  I've been driving it for about 6-8 weeks and the dealer I bought it from is about 150 miles away.  

I'm not sure what my local dealer will say about it if I asked them to be changed.

Mike.

Anonymous

Quote from: "yorkie"Although I got the car from a dealer it was a 2000 model and just over 3 years old.  I was given the customary 1 years extended warranty.

Do you think I should argue that I expected Yoko's or whatever on the front and not the crap they have put on here.  I've been driving it for about 6-8 weeks and the dealer I bought it from is about 150 miles away.  

I'm not sure what my local dealer will say about it if I asked them to be changed.

Mike.

Messing the the tires on a '2 is a bad idea.  Get it wrong and you'll kill the car.  Whatever tread is on the rear should be on the front DON'T let the dealers tell you other wise.  The dealers really know nothing about the Mk3, in fact i'm fed up of having to explain to them why I don't want them to lift it that way, or "yes that new front strut brace DOES do something".  

I was talking to a local dealer a while ago and I asked if they could fit new rubber when they do the service, they where quiet happy to put any old make on the back because its what they always use.

Anonymous

Your local dealer will probably not help as it is a payment thing (out of their pocket) unless you can get them to contact the other dealer and agree to foot the bill.

But I would insist on the fronts being changed, as has been said here many times, the tyres are the only bits in contact with the road so you shouldnt skimp.  In this case they have skimped, and in the case of this car potentially unbalanced the car to put you in danger.

Tags: