EML

Started by cogsy1976, September 1, 2014, 09:16

cogsy1976

EML
Ok decided to do a few maintenance bits on my car for the first time ever, ie. new air filter, removed both O2 sensors to check pre-cats and put all back together drive into work this morning and the bloody EML comes on!! no loss of power and still runs like it did before. Any ideas I need to buy an OBD reader to read codes (was on my to do list!).

Only thing I did notice is that the air filter I took out and replaced with looked different in terms of the actual filter material, it was the same shape.

AndyM

I would suspect it's an O2 sensor throwing the code that has taken a bit of a knock when removing/replacing (its pretty common).

I'd put my money on heater circuit malfunction which is basically the failure of a tiny heater element on the sensor (that gets it up to temp on start) and not a full failure. No way to be sure until you get a reader on it though.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

cogsy1976

Thanks Andy I did have trouble getting them out (well unplugged!) Ive ordered my OBD reader so will post up code when I get it.

cogsy1976

Well this morning driving to work and the EML has switched its self off so happy days  s:) :) s:)

Tags: