Toyo's

Started by amz91, September 20, 2014, 15:32

amz91

Just brought my first set of toyo proxies t1r's can't wait for them to arrive!  :-) :-) :-)  
How long/how many miles on average till they scrub in?
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

kentsmudger

Give them 1 to 200 miles to be safe, especially in the wet
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

amz91

So just careful driving for 200 miles, been searching and seen some have to tweak their pressures abit, not sure what pressures start with from new :-/
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

jinxedkitten

Lots of posts on the subject of tire pressures, try having a search (box is top right of the page).  Many people here run Toyos so you should be able to find some advice, I don't think most use a different pressure during the scrubbing-in period compared to every day use.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

amz91

Yeah iv seen lots by searching about different pressures that's why I was getting confused not seen much on the pressures within scrubbing in period tbh as I was assuming people must still use different pressures then but il have another look around

AndyM

I didn't specifically adjust anything for the scrubbing in period with mine. I experimented with the pressures until I got it feeling right and haven't changed them since. I've found they have improved over time too beyond the scrubbing time.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

MartinC

I've got Toyo's all round.  Done about 300 miles on them now, and today I've been trying out different pressures.  Still yet to decide (but standard pressures seem best for normal daily driving), however, one thing I will say is get yourself a good digital pressure gauge.  The ones on the forecourts in my area, even the digital ones, are not as accurate as I would expect, they all gave different readings (quite significantly different), and two of them were digital.
Martin

Readers ride :- Martin's 2001 Roadster

Tags: