Another possible gonna - Y38, My pride and joy

Started by normanh, October 10, 2014, 15:18

Treboeth

Did you mean jugular?  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

That really piqued my interest   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Sorry could not resist   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

And Norman sorry your car has been hurt but you seem to have the situation well in hand and feel sure you will be back up and running soon.

2 of the left

Quote from: "Treboeth"Did you mean jugular?  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

That really piqued my interest   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Sorry could not resist   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

And Norman sorry your car has been hurt but you seem to have the situation well in hand and feel sure you will be back up and running soon.
Ooops!! my bad
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

normanh

More bad news from Thursday night/Friday moring some f****ng ***t has keyed the passinger door and wing, thats after filling the grill on the engine cover solid with leaves and jamming sticks in the drivers doorlock. Scratches are deep in the lacquer.

Not doing that well here have move the car away for a week or too whilst I think about what I am going to do after the repair!

Norman

s12vea

Bastards!!!! Sorry to hear that mate
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

loadswine

Blimey Norman, that's really nasty stuff. Hope you get it back to its glory mate.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Treboeth

Brain dead a***holes, did you inform the Police FWIW.

Your car will be looking like new soon (fingers crossed).

normanh

Been reported on Monday and Friday, cars some 7 miles away, started to rub down the lacquer on wing thats not too bad its the bloody door. Trying one of these lacquer pens otherwise its gonna be a door respray and I havent even got the bloody wing and bumper sorted. Biggest worry I have at the mo is on a sharp left turn and a bit of a bump somethings fouling and making a noise i hope its just the wheel hitting the pushed in wing? Anyone have similar?

Norman

dcod

Quote from: "normanh"More bad news from Thursday night/Friday moring some f****ng ***t has keyed the passinger door and wing, thats after filling the grill on the engine cover solid with leaves and jamming sticks in the drivers doorlock. Scratches are deep in the lacquer.

Not doing that well here have move the car away for a week or too whilst I think about what I am going to do after the repair!

Norman

After what you've you've already been through that's just kicking you while you're down.   s:x :x s:x  

Really sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

normanh

Some progress - managed to polish out some of the scratches from the numb nut keying but still shows a bit, will have to live with that now.

The car hopefully will be in the bodyshop for next weekend for the repairs - managed to sus out the strange noise I had from the front - it was as I suspected the offside tyre hitting the edge of the new tyre on a turn lock. Solved with a piece of masking tape of the lip of the wing, black mark on wing white mark on edge of tyre. Insurance are to cough up which is better than a write off. The cars not at home still cant risk any more vandalism, just dont know what to do after, maybe leave at my daughters for a few months I dont know?

The insurance company want more info so I guess the other party is disputing it, will send off a very precise drawing squence and a few tips on operating procedures and use of mirrors etc.

Brakes done today - with help of my son the fitter, pistons wound back real easy, old pad wear was equal on each corner just that the inner faces were very badly corroded on the discs, just the hand brake to adjust now whuich can wait till after the bodyshop thats a simple job, its working fine just needs a bit of slack taking up in the cables. Brakes feel positive but wont know for sure till bedded in after all of the repairs - rears took just 60 mintues which is good going in all honesty and no rush with fair weather for once  s:D :D s:D  .

At the end of the day I am loosing all heart in the car with this aggro now!

Norman

mrzwei

Yeah, as a point of policy most companies will always dispute the claim and try to get something from your insurance.
Just be the 'broken record' and keep making your point.
The operational procedure (health & safety) angle sounds good.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

normanh

Well 4 weeks on and I still am unsure of what the bloody hell is happening - insurance company seem to a total waste of space and time. Phoned them last Friday to see whats happening. The local guys estimate had been rejected, they wanted a more detail breakdown on hourly labour charge and number of hours need on the job. The they give me a lecture on why I am not using one of their approved workshops as I get a warranty on all of the work done etc. I send the revised quote with a footnote saying if this quotes not acceptable they can arrange to pick the car up and have it repaired where they want as I am running out of time to arrange things due to work and hoildays - not free until 12th December which means it will be 2 months since the accident.

Now can you adam and eve it now told their approved centre would scrap the bloody car - total change since last Thursday. I have protested in the strongest terms, they phoned back to say a centre would ring me within 2 hours to arrange collection from my daughters, they didnt ring suprise suprise. The approved centre repair cost is nearly double that of the local guy for which they were haggling over - that route just gives me serious logistic issues as I am not around.

Now to cap it all in respect of the tyre ruined with 6 mm of tread that was wrecked they saying I will only get a small percentage of the replacement cost as it was part worn, Jesus 6 mm is almost brand new, I can't run a car with two sodding one inch holes in the sidewall. Told them I have documentary proof of 6mm tread from a Toyota dealer service report 6 days before the accident. I am beginning to get totally peed off now. No feedback from other party yet not that they seem to tell me anyhow. My insurance seem to act like secret squirrel say they send emails which I never get!

Fully comp just dont seem to be worth the effort, the only thing it seems good for is a loan car which I dont need!!!!

Norman

normanh

Well 4 weeks on and I still am unsure of what the bloody hell is happening - insurance company seem to a total waste of space and time. Phoned them last Thusday to see whats happening. The local guys estimate had been rejected, they wanted a more detail breakdown on hourly labour charge and number of hours need on the job. The they give me a lecture on why I am not using one of their approved workshops as I get a warranty on all of the work done etc. I send the revised quote with a footnote saying if this quotes not acceptable they can arrange to pick the car up and have it repaired where they want as I am running out of time to arrange things due to work and hoildays - not free until 12th December which means it will be 2 months since the accident.

Now can you adam and eve it now told their approved centre would scrap the bloody car - total change since last Thursday. I have protested in the strongest terms, they phoned back to say a centre would ring me within 2 hours to arrange collection from my daughters, they didnt ring suprise suprise. The approved centre repair cost is nearly double that of the local guy for which they were haggling over - that route just gives me serious logistic issues as I am not around.

Now to cap it all in respect of the tyre ruined with 6 mm of tread that was wrecked they saying I will only get a small percentage of the replacement cost as it was part worn, Jesus 6 mm is almost brand new, I can't run a car with two sodding one inch holes in the sidewall. Told them I have documentary proof of 6mm tread from a Toyota dealer service report 6 days before the accident. I am beginning to get totally peed off now. No feedback from other party yet not that they seem to tell me anyhow. My insurance seem to act like secret squirrel say they send emails which I never get!

Fully comp just dont seem to be worth the effort, the only thing it seems good for is a loan car which I dont need!!!!

Norman

mrzwei

Name the insurance company / broker Norman. I know it's only a small, probably futile gesture but it may help others when choosing their broker.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

normanh

Toyota/Ageas, dont think you can get much bigger

Norman

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "mrzwei"Name the insurance company / broker Norman. I know it's only a small, probably futile gesture but it may help others when choosing their broker.

Yup I want to hear this for future choosing of insurance.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

normanh

Gee I dont know whats going on but the dealer has had my car now for nearly two weeks and I get a cryptic message on my phone that they are waiting on the alignment checks before proceding with any work and they will let me know asap. WTF is happening it was a very low speed collision where a lorry wheel rubbed my 2's wheel wing/headlight and bumper/wheel, the car never moved or rocked in the accident as I was sitting in the bloody drivers seat so I know. Something tells me via my internal alarm bells that they are hell bent on scrapping the bloody car in which case its likely they will make more back by selling the car on as a contribution that they pay me for a write off. I am fuming - or rather more pi**ed now its been nearly 2 months.Had the tracking checked by a 4 wheel lazer set up and everything was fine so I cant imagine a twisted body shell for one minute being seen as only the wing and headlight have been pushed with a ding on the wheel safety bead.

Norman

ChrisGB

Tell them alignment was already checked before it went in to them and if it is now out, the damage must be down to something they did to your car after collecting it!
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

mrzwei

I've had serious delays on crash repairs via insurance approved body shops.
Have you got a courtesy car via a claims management company appointed through the insurance company?
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

normanh

I am talking about Lancasters in Witham anyone have any dealings with them in the past? I will Chris if I get a chance tomorrow.

Norman

ChrisGB

Quote from: "mrzwei"I've had serious delays on crash repairs via insurance approved body shops.
Have you got a courtesy car via a claims management company appointed through the insurance company?

Very good point!
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

normanh

No claims management although I was offered a car but I dont need one as I have a company car. Insurance are handling it all.

Norman

mrzwei

I think they hate it when you don't take the courtesy car!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

normanh

I am just being honest thats all why push up the bill needlessly?

Norman

normanh

Well finally good news after countless phone calls to the insurance/ bodyshop I have established the the car is straight on the geometry well bugger me thats what I have been saying all along so I feel a little vindicated! So a bit of the mushroom effect has worn off but I still wonder if I have been treated as a bit of a numpty/pleb. Thats for a guy who has been straightening out motors/rust with gas and MIG welding and a steady dab hand at plasma, not bad for a self taught amateur. Approval it seems was given on the 7th November, now the parts have been ordered the car stripped and ready for the rebuild hip hip horray and the body shop is giving me regular updates now! Just the claim now and liability - whose?

Norman

Wabbitkilla

Great news Norm, glad its being sorted.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: