Just bought car - lots of problems!

Started by adam p, December 23, 2014, 12:44

graham read

Looks nice on the outside but buyer beware,what people say on this forum is comeing from past experience and only steers you in the right direction.IFyou  are lucky to find another one in the area, my friend has a garage with a ramp and for a small fee it can be used to give your new buy a good looking over underneath, I am in darwen and my mates garage is in Blackburn,mr2s are one of the most fun cars you can have with you trousers on, this last BIT will no dought be cencored for family viewing.

adam p

It's certainly a fun car to drive. The dealer emailed me to say the faults have nearly all been fixed except for the shock absorbers which he says are working fine with no leaks, although that's not what my inspection says...

He's got the subframe off and just waitIng for a replacement to arrive so shouldn't be much longer now. It's already on lowering springs so may see it as an opportunity to upgrade the shocks when it's due it's mot the end of next month. While I was driving it around for the 2 weeks I had it seemed a good car except for the faults, but once they're all done then I hope I've got a bargain.

Tags: