Sadlebags 2zzge conversion, small track write up page 4

Started by Sadlebag, January 5, 2015, 20:38

Sadlebag

It's an El creations front bumper, I got it second hand so not sure if it's available still. In a bit worried because of I for this undertray I will be cutting into this bumper slightly!

This bumper is FRP it's actually quite heavy, been told it's an original!

SuperArt

Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Anonymous

Speak to Vinny, it was his before

Sadlebag

Yeah what he said, I have no idea, I just liked the look of it!

Jrichards20

Did you manage to fit the splitter? How difficult was it? did you notice an improvement?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Paul1087

Did you get any lap times at Coombe?

I was getting 1:29's when I was there a little while ago on non sticky tyres and a fatty passenger.

Could have gone quicker if I had more time but only managed two sessions before the CV boot went.

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Paul1087"and a fatty passenger.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I hope he isn't a member on the forum!
Street Triple 765 RS

Sadlebag

Yeah i really need to update this so here it goes... well first off the under tray is not on, i think that is going to be put on over the winter as i want to make it so its easy to bolt on and bolt off.

Progress has been made though supercharger side. i have a CAD design for the alternator bracket but the guy who made it wont give it to me, he wants to find a machinist for me he just doesn't want to hurry about it  s:( :( s:( . I do have another guy also trying to make one, once hes back from holiday.

I have though got some things done, the car failed its MOT on rear suspension bushes so figured out id take the plunge and go for new arms all round with polybushes, so they are now in at the back. I also finally got my parcel from Australia of my Whiteline ARB front and back and whilst i was there i fitted my Meister R coilovers to, i have had to roll my arches and a little bit beyond to, they are still rubbing but i have an idea to solve that. For now though shes drivable and its not too bad. I do love the handling difference, such a difference and even more like a go Kart  s:) :) s:) .

Anonymous

A lot of work going on there mate. How's the gearbox leak, sorted?

Anonymous

Looks so much better now it's lowered!!

Sadlebag

Yes that's sorted, it was a blanking plate that had fallen out, I've put some much tiger seal over it now it's not going to move!

One problem I am getting is my dipstick, where its leaning on a baffle in the sump the little bit of lead is getting hot and has gone banana shaped, instead of risking having it snap off in the sump I've taken it out for now and blocked off the tube. I need to find another dipstick of bigger length so I can snip it to size and Mark out accordingly!

Anonymous

What a strange problem! good luck!

Jrichards20

What size are the team dynamics? and what size wheels have you got on there?
Street Triple 765 RS

Sadlebag

16 X 7 et41. Tyres are 205/50/16 on the front and 225/45/16 on the back, I think the front tyres are pushing it a bit!

Jrichards20

Cheers, I want to put 16x7 et30  195/15/16 on the front. With BC Coilovers. So if your just getting away with et41 and 205s on the front. I reckon I should get away with them.

I take it no problems on the back? I'm goigng 16x7 et20 225/40/17 so larger rear rims, but shouldn't be a problem.
Street Triple 765 RS

Sadlebag

I did have to roll the arches but I had 195-45-16 on before without issues!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sadlebag"16 X 7 et41. Tyres are 205/50/16 on the front and 225/45/16 on the back, I think the front tyres are pushing it a bit!

I run 205 fronts and find it fine although steering is fairly heavy - which I like.

Sadlebag

well arch rubbing sorted but of brute force applied to the wings to give some clearance and i've chopped off the inside bolt hole. I've now attached the quick release bumper holders to hold the bumper on, drilling into that bumper was a little heart breaking though! The better news is now this has been sorted is that i am going to Bedford Autodrome on Monday  s:D :D s:D

Tags: