Sadlebags 2zzge conversion, small track write up page 4

Started by Sadlebag, January 5, 2015, 20:38

Anonymous

Love it!

Sadlebag

I do have one question, the Toyota alarm in the spare wheel well, can it be moved at all?

Anonymous

Yeah, there is a how to on this site for moving it out the way

Sadlebag

Finally got the wheels on, I quite like them

Anonymous

Suit the car! Could take it rallyX with those arch gaps! Did you order some miesterR coilovers?

Sadlebag

I'm number 8 so having to wait the 12 weeks for them to come back in stock. This pic was taken after a drive to so the suspension has settled as well! The tyres in the front are 195/45/16 and 215/40/16 in the back, beginning to think I should of gone maybe for a slightly bigger profile!

Sadlebag

Oh also no spare wheel in at the moment so front is a little lighter!

Anonymous

The facelift cars were raised by an inch so it's expected. Coilovers will look great

Sadlebag

They did what!!!! Who does that!!!

Vietts

Wheels look great. I was lurking for a set myself not too long ago. Are you planning on keeping it as facelift?

Sadlebag

Well I have a body kit k have in mind but won't be happening anytime soon! The lights and everything else will be staying. These wheels were very cheap and they are super light for 16s!

Sadlebag

Couple more parts have arrived ready for next month, MWR pulleys, the MAF adapters so that I can make my own air inlet and the last being a rear strut brace. Only £35 off ebay but I was actually rather impressed with it, the welds could maybe do with being a bit stronger on the mounts but the thing sits perfectly, fully adjustable and makes a nice difference.

Anonymous

How long did the MWR stuff take to arrive from the states?

Sadlebag

Got to England in about 4 days but with customs it took 2 weeks in total to get to my door!

Anonymous

Typical! But not bad overall. I'm hoping to buy an engine very soon  s:) :) s:)

Sadlebag

yeah, its not too bad at all... Did notice, it doesn't really matter what you buy, the postage is pretty much the same all the time. An engine you say, one built by MWR?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sadlebag"yeah, its not too bad at all... Did notice, it doesn't really matter what you buy, the postage is pretty much the same all the time. An engine you say, one built by MWR?
No just a celica one from a car, nothing fancy.

Been wishing / planning for about 12 months, so planning later this year. Also hoping to use Patrick, I had a chat with him and has filled me with all the confidence I need  s:) :) s:)

Sadlebag

Yeah his stuff is rather superb!

Anonymous

What exhaust manifold are you using?

Sadlebag

The one from MWR, not sure which one it is as he got it for me!

Anonymous

Oh...be interested to find out which one. Do you mean patrick got it for you?

Sadlebag

Yeah he did, I think it is the cheaper one judging by what I paid!

Gazbills

Quote from: "Sadlebag"Got to England in about 4 days but with customs it took 2 weeks in total to get to my door!

That's not I wanted to hear, just about to click on an order for my 2ZZ conversion from WMR. Customs are a PITA!!!

Good luck with the conversion. Got Vinny helping out with mine as I'm a bit of a novice when it's comes to this kind of stuff.

Gaz
2ZZ-GE converted 03, black, TRD bodykit + scoops, hardtop, Meister R coilovers,  TTE exhaust with sports cat, Apexi PFC + TTE style bar & Rota Subzero 16\'s

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gazbills"
Quote from: "Sadlebag"Got to England in about 4 days but with customs it took 2 weeks in total to get to my door!

That's not I wanted to hear, just about to click on an order for my 2ZZ conversion from WMR. Customs are a PITA!!!

Good luck with the conversion. Got Vinny helping out with mine as I'm a bit of a novice when it's comes to this kind of stuff.

Gaz

What are you ordering? I found other sources for stuff  s:) :) s:)

Gazbills

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"
Quote from: "Gazbills"

Gaz

What are you ordering? I found other sources for stuff  s:) :) s:)

Ordered so far. Only just place the order with MWR
1 x MWR swap header
1 x JDM ECU
1 x Matching knock sensor

Open to options if its cheaper as I suppose I can always cancel the order with MWR.

Also ordered upton Vinny's recommendations -

1 x Elise Parts MAF housing
1 x Patricks modded engine mount

Cheers,
Gaz
2ZZ-GE converted 03, black, TRD bodykit + scoops, hardtop, Meister R coilovers,  TTE exhaust with sports cat, Apexi PFC + TTE style bar & Rota Subzero 16\'s

Tags: